Picacho Peak, Arizona: Muffler Man - Indian Remains
A scorched leg and a couple of melted feet are all that remain of a fiberglass Indian Muffler Man and the Picacho Peak Trading Post, which burned to the ground in 2002.
- E. Peak Lane, Picacho Peak, AZ
- I-10 exit 219. Drive west, then quickly turn left. The ruins are next to the building with the big peaked red roof.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Muffler Man - Indian Remains
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man - Indian Remains
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Muffler Man's remains are holding up rather well at the trading post that burnt to the ground several years ago. We stopped to pay our respects on the way to Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich Ranch. Sign at the trading post still says "Open."
On the other side of the interstate is an oddly out-of-place looking new trading post. It has the usual merchandise, but a lovely life size buffalo statue out front.
[Anna Herndon, 01/19/2008]
The Peak Trading Post - Burnt Remains
The large fiberglass Indian has, in fact, been reduced to dismembered parts and has yet to be cleaned up as of 03/28/03. There's just a little chain link fence around the site and the sign still says "open".
[Jess Schultz, 03/30/2003]
Indian Muffler Man consumed in trading post conflagration
The Picacho Peak Trading Post, Picacho Peak, Arizona, burned to the ground after an electrical problem started a fire on the night of November 16, according to investigators. The Trading Post was a well-known stop visible from I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson.
... [11/29/2002] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich Ranch, Picacho, AZ - 1 mi.
- Tom Mix Death Site, Florence, AZ - 16 mi.
- Murders, Executions, Cactus Living Room, Florence, AZ - 26 mi.
- Petrified Ground Sloth Dung, Tucson, AZ - 31 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 19, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave of Ernesto Miranda, Mesa, Arizona
- Rattlesnake Crafts, Elfrida, Arizona
- Meteor City Trading Post - World's Longest Map of Route 66, Meteor City, Arizona
- Big Baby, Goodyear, Arizona
- Garden of Gethsemane, Tucson, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Center Of The Universe, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Russell's Travel Center, Glenrio, New Mexico
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips