Guthrie, Oklahoma: Blue Belle Saloon - Where Tom Mix Tended Bar
Reportedly the oldest bar in Oklahoma. Has a life-size cut-out of Tom -- king of the silent movie cowboys -- that shows all of his many bullet wounds.
Blue Belle Saloon - Where Tom Mix Tended Bar
Visitor Tips and News About Blue Belle Saloon - Where Tom Mix Tended Bar
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
According to the owner, Tom Mix was a bartender here. There is a bullet hole in the original tin ceiling of the ladies room. There is also a life size cut-out of Tom Mix that is supposed to show all his bullet wounds (numerous wounds if accurate). The bar also has signed pictures from Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman (a location where a Rainman scene was filmed), and Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton (Twister was filmed nearby). This bar is billed as the oldest bar in Oklahoma and has been visited by several Presidents.
[Denise Pettit, 12/28/2002]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 29, 2014
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Great Fire, Big Explosion, Jesse James Bar Fight, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Belle Starr Gravesite, Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma
- Statue - America's First Boy Scout Troop, Pawhuska, Oklahoma
- Lonely Gorilla in Modern-Day Ghost Town, Picher, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
- Gold King Mine Museum - Old West Junkyard, Jerome, Arizona
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips