Charlotte, North Carolina: Eskimo Dairy Queen Sign
The truth revealed! Dairy Queen was an eskimo. Even if she wasn't, this is a great retro sign.
Visitor Tips and News About Eskimo Dairy Queen Sign
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Dairy Queen Sign
Usually I wouldn't send you a picture of a Dairy Queen, but I just love the two-sided Eskimo girl sign on this one. I've only seen one other Dairy Queen that looks like this, and on that one, the sign had been PAINTED OVER. I first saw this way back about 1980 or so, and I have to admit that one of the first things I was concerned about when hurricane Hugo trounced Charlotte in 1989 was whether the sign at the DQ had survived. The owner must really appreciate the sign as well, because when I drove by the other day, he had literally just finished repainting it.
[Dean Jeffrey, 01/12/2003]
August 4, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Wright Brothers First Flight, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
- Pose with Indians - and Bill the Buffalo, Cherokee, North Carolina
- The Firebird, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Digger's Dungeon - Home of Grave Digger, Poplar Branch, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sword in the Stone, Urbandale, Iowa
- Camera Obscura - Giant Pinhole Camera, Santa Monica, California
- Peanut Butter and Nut Tour, Columbus, Ohio
- Large Shrimps with Top Hats, Titusville, Florida
- Prayer Mountain, Wimberley, Texas