Chloride, Arizona: Roy Purcell's Rock Murals
Roy Purcell's murals on rocks in the mountains above Chloride.
- Mural Road, Chloride, AZ
- Go through Chloride to end of road. Signs on Mural Road guide you to the murals - unpaved dirt road, watch for uneven surface and rocks. Or walk up 1.3 miles. Map location approximate.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Mountain Rocks Painted by Artist
Visitor Tips and News About Roy Purcell's Rock Murals
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Roy Purcell's murals in Chloride. I did not have a high 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive, so I walked the 1.3 miles up the dirt road to the murals and petroglyphs.
[David Kamada, 04/07/2010]
Mountains painted by professional artist
An artist (well known?)(from Las Vegas?) painted murals on mountains that are at the end of the main road through Chloride. He has returned to redo them several times. This is an old mining town. You can see the original old jail and other buildings still standing. Also in chloride is a house that is almost made of all rocks from the mountains.
[Terry Kluttz, 02/03/2003]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 18, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Arizona Falls, Phoenix, Arizona
- World's Smallest Museum, Superior, Arizona
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- A&W Root Beer Family, Willcox, Arizona
- Madonna of the Trail, Springerville, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Billy Tripp's Mindfield, Brownsville, Tennessee
- Babe the Blue Ox and Bunyan, Rumford, Maine
- Large Drunken Pink Elephant, Fortville, Indiana
- See Birch Bark Canoes Made, Bigfork, Minnesota
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips