Dallas, Texas: Bronze Hands of the Famous
The collection of surgeon Adrian E. Flatt, who made celebrity hand-casting his hobby starting in the 1960s. 100+ on display.
- 3500 Gaston Ave., Dallas, TX
- Exhibit is on the first floor of Truett Building in the Baylor University Medical Center complex (about 10 blocks or so east of U.S. Highway 75).
Bronze Hands of the Famous
Visitor Tips and News About Bronze Hands of the Famous
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
What's cooler than wax sculptures made from photos of famous people? Well, a lot of things, but the thing I've got in mind is bronze casts made from the ACTUAL HANDS of famous people -- presidents, astronauts, athletes, actors, etc. Louis Armstrong, Winston Churchill, Joe DiMaggio, Andre the Giant and Walt Disney are among the highlights; there's also a handful of medical oddities. The casts were named for surgeon Adrian E. Flatt, who made celebrity hand-casting his hobby.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Jesus Carved in Tree Trunk, Burleson, Texas
- World's Largest BBQ - Undisputable Cuz, Brenham, Texas
- Giant Peanut Memorial, Floresville, Texas
- Columbus Replica Ship, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Crypt Under a Bridge, Houston, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips