Adams, Tennessee: Bell Witch Museum
"Kate," America's nuttiest poltergeist, slapped children, sang hymns, and harassed the poor Bell family. President Andrew Jackson is alleged to have investigated in person, but fled to Nashville after his coach wheels mysteriously malfunctioned!
- 7617 US Hwy 41 N., Adams, TN
- Inside the town's old school, which also houses city hall. On the north side of US Hwy 41 just east of Keysburg Rd.
- Tu-Su 10 am - 8 pm. (Call to verify)
Bell Witch Museum curator/guide dies in home fire
Visitor Tips and News About Bell Witch Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Nina Seeley, 82, was overcome by smoke and perished when her two-story 19th century home burned up on Friday in Adams, Tennesee. Nina ran the Bell Witch Museum for many years, dedicated to telling the story of "Kate," America's nuttiest poltergeist.
... [02/02/2003] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 31, 2014
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Hollywood Star Cars Museum, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- USA Titan Fireworks Rocket, Pioneer, Tennessee
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Most Powerful Musical Bi-Polar Tesla Coil, Johnson City, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Wolf's Museum of Mystery, St. Augustine, Florida
- Yellow Submarine, Hobart, Washington
- Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison, Colorado
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Lizard Butte, Marsing, Idaho
Latest Visitor Tips