Pequot Lakes, Minnesota: Fishing Bobber Water Tower
"Home of the Bobber." Its large size is attributed to Paul Bunyan, as are all big things in Minnesota. Bonus: milestones of Pequot Lakes on a nearby cartoon mural.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Paul Bunyan's Fishing Bobber
Visitor Tips and News About Fishing Bobber Water Tower
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Paul Bunyan's fishing bobber is still a major landmark of Pequot Lakes, MN. The city built a new water tower back in 2000. They no longer use the Bobber for water storage, but it still remains the trademark of the town: Pequot Lakes -- "Home of the Bobber." [Kurt Franke, 04/02/2006]
Giant Fishing Bobber
No list of Bunyans or accessories would be complete without mentioning the giant fishing bobber in Pequot Lakes, Minnesota. It is actually the towns' water tower. The "Paul Bunyan's fishing bobber" is eeriely lit with bright spot lights throughout the night.
[Curtis W. Stanley, 07/28/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Bunyan's Adirondack Chair, But No Tin Man, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Wild Thing Hay Bales, Brainerd, Minnesota
- The Hairy Mosquito, Milaca, Minnesota
- Brick Head, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips