Bisbee, Arizona: Queen Mine TourYou're given a heavy yellow rain-slicker, a hard hat, a flashlight, and take a small train down into the depths of a freezing cold copper mine. Fun!
- 478 North Dart Rd, Bisbee, AZ
- I-10 exit 303. Drive east on Hwy 80 for 49 miles to Bisbee. After the tunnel, take the second exit (Historic Old Bisbee/Mule Pass Rd) and go straight. The Queen Mine driveway entrance will be straight ahead.
- Daily 9 am - 3:30 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Queen Mine Tour
Near Tombstone is Bisbee, AZ, a world-famous mining town which features a tour of the Queen Mine. You're given a heavy yellow rain-slicker, a heavy hard-hat, and a heavy flashlight powered by batteries containing sulfuric acid, and take a small train down into the depths of the freezing cold mine, where you learn the history of Bisbee and the mine, and how things worked and operated in the mine. It's great fun, and I suggest taking the short drive out to it if you're ever in the Tombstone area.[Andrew Friedenthal, 08/08/1999]
March 2014: Photo added.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Renegade Studios Folk Art, Bisbee, AZ - < 1 mi.
- Virile Copper Miner Statue, Bisbee, AZ - < 1 mi.
- Shady Dell RV Park and Dot's Diner, Bisbee, AZ - 1 mi.
- In the region: 75-Foot-Tall Celtic Cross and 31-Foot-Tall Virgin Mary, Hereford, AZ - 19 mi.