Cumberland, Maryland - Lovers Leap
Visitor Tips and News About Lovers Leap
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Lovers Leap is in between Cumberland & Lavale on Rt. 40. Growing up you could actually drive up to the top of the mountains and look over. Legend has it that an Indian Girl and a White man jumped to their deaths after not being allowed to marry. If you look up at the mountains from the Narrows it almost appears that there are indians looking back at you. You can still walk up to the top, but the gates have been locked due to vandelism
- US Rt. 40 between Cumberland and Lavale.
July 5, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Globe Water Tower, Germantown, Maryland
- Cozy Inn and Restaurant, Thurmont, Maryland
- Mirror Yard, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Giant SpongeBob, Clements, Maryland
- Mormon Temple - Fairy Tale Rockets, Kensington, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota