Cumberland, Maryland - Lovers Leap
Visitor Tips and News About Lovers Leap
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Lovers Leap is in between Cumberland & Lavale on Rt. 40. Growing up you could actually drive up to the top of the mountains and look over. Legend has it that an Indian Girl and a White man jumped to their deaths after not being allowed to marry. If you look up at the mountains from the Narrows it almost appears that there are indians looking back at you. You can still walk up to the top, but the gates have been locked due to vandelism
- US Rt. 40 between Cumberland and Lavale.
May 1, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Jinxed 9/11 Statue Of Flag-Raising Firefighters, Emmitsburg, Maryland
- Original Bill Tracy Haunted House, Ocean City, Maryland
- Wizard Tree, Columbia, Maryland
- Boring: a Nice, Quiet Village, Boring, Maryland
- National Park Seminary: Pagoda, Castle, Windmill, Forest Glen, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Clyde's Gun, Spanky's Pants, Dallas, Texas
- Iowa's Largest Muskie, Ventura, Iowa
- Birthplace of Johnny Cash, Kingsland, Arkansas
- Big Orange, Flamingo Groves Gift Shop, Dania Beach, Florida
- Bird Wash, Eagle River, Alaska