La Crosse, Wisconsin: Big Statue of HiawathaThe 25-foot-tall hand-built Indian stands with arms crossed, his back turned to the city.
- Riverside Park, La Crosse, WI
- I-90 exit 3 onto US 53/Hwy 35 (La Crosse). Drive south, following US 53, for 4.5 miles. US 53 bears right and becomes 3rd St. In four blocks turn right onto State St. Drive three blocks, then turn right into Riverside Park. Hiawatha is back by the river's edge.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Big Statue of Hiawatha
25 Ft. statue of Hiawatha, standing in Riverside Park where the Mississippi, LaCrosse and Black Rivers meet. Nice park to walk along the river.[J. Liobis, 05/03/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Six Pack and Gambrinus, King of Beer, La Crosse, WI - 1 mi.
- Large Baseball Bat and Ball, La Crosse, WI - 1 mi.
- Indian Lacrosse Players Statue, La Crosse, WI - 2 mi.
- In the region: Deke Slayton Memorial Space and Bicycle Museum, Sparta, WI - 24 mi.