Portland, Oregon: Grave of Bobbie the Wonder Dog
- 1067 NE Columbia Ave., Portland, OR
- North edge of the city just south of the river. On the north side of NE Columbia Ave. just east of 11th Ave. The grave is behind the Oregon Humane Society building, and can only be reached by walking through the building during business hours.
- Su-We 10 am - 7 pm, Th-Sa 10 am - 9 pm. (Call to verify)
Bobbie the collie traveled thousands of miles to find his family, and it wore him out. The famous dog ended up behind the Oregon Humane Society, in a fancy dog house tomb. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Grave of Bobbie the Wonder Dog
Bobbie the Wonder Dog is buried at the Oregon Humane Society in Portland Oregon. In 1923, the scotch collie became famous for finding his way home to Silverton, Oregon after being lost in Indiana. Six months to the date, Bobbie returned to his master's home after traveling almost 2,800 miles alone. He was featured in newspapers, books and even silent films.[Susan Stelljes, 05/25/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Wendy the Welder - Striding Cubist Lady Worker Statue, Vancouver, WA - 2 mi.
- Paul Bunyan Statue, Portland, OR - 2 mi.
- The Franz Loaf - Big Illuminated Bread, Portland, OR - 4 mi.
- Salmon Swimming Through Building, Portland, OR - 5 mi.