Visitor Tips and News About Second Hardee's
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina - Second Hardee's
The Second Hardee's building located in Rocky Mount is in bad shape. The ceiling is falling in. The city now owns the land -- it's beside the Imperial Centre (that was once a warehouse but is now a museum). I have heard that the old Hardee's building may be torn down and a parking lot put in its place, or the building may be renovated and turned into a Hardee's Museum to go along with the Imperial Centre. I use to eat there in the 1970s as a child. There were no seats inside. Tables were added outside years later. Hardee's had the best burger -- called the Big Twin -- sure do wish they would bring it back.
[Chip Little, 04/27/2006]
August 2, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Pose with Indians - and Bill the Buffalo, Cherokee, North Carolina
- The Firebird, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Digger's Dungeon - Home of Grave Digger, Poplar Branch, North Carolina
- Memorial to a Bunker-Dwelling, Mysteriously-Dying Hermit, Kure Beach, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas
- Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park, Earlimart, California