Visitor Tips and News About Second Hardee's
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina - Second Hardee's
The Second Hardee's building located in Rocky Mount is in bad shape. The ceiling is falling in. The city now owns the land -- it's beside the Imperial Centre (that was once a warehouse but is now a museum). I have heard that the old Hardee's building may be torn down and a parking lot put in its place, or the building may be renovated and turned into a Hardee's Museum to go along with the Imperial Centre. I use to eat there in the 1970s as a child. There were no seats inside. Tables were added outside years later. Hardee's had the best burger -- called the Big Twin -- sure do wish they would bring it back.
[Chip Little, 04/27/2006]
May 31, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Gene Dillard Mosaic House, Durham, North Carolina
- Scottish Tartans Museum, Franklin, North Carolina
- O. Henry Office Memorial, Asheville, North Carolina
- Duke Power's EnergyExplorium, Huntersville, North Carolina
- World's Largest Chest of Drawers, High Point, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin