Mobile, Alabama: Sub USS Drum - Up On Blocks
A World War II submarine up on dry land, right next to the parking lot. It's 311 ft. long, launched in 1941, serving here as a museum since 1969.
- 2703 Battleship Pkwy., Mobile, AL
- Just off of I-10 exits 27 or 30, Highway 90/98.
- Oct-Mar 8 am- 4 pm, Apr-Sep 8 am-6 pm. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Sub USS Drum - Up On Blocks
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sub USS Drum - Up On Blocks
The USS Drum is a piece of American history. Walking through the small halls and cramped quarters ... You can't help but have a new respect and awe for the men who served on this submarine.
Sub USS Drum
Along with the battleship USS Alabama,the WW II submarine USS Drum is open for tours. She did 13 patrols from 1942-45. Hard to imagine living in such tight quarters for so long.
[Todd Fabbro, 07/25/2003]
December 7, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Jim Bird's Hickory Bark Gator, Forkland, Alabama
- Cross Garden - Hell's Warning Label, Prattville, Alabama
- Alligator Alley - Home Of Captain Crunch, Summerdale, Alabama
- See Alligators from Town Boardwalk, Daphne, Alabama
- World's Longest Memorial to a Woman or an Indian, Florence, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma