Mobile, Alabama: Sub USS Drum - Up On Blocks
A World War II submarine up on dry land, right next to the parking lot. It's 311 ft. long, launched in 1941, serving here as a museum since 1969.
- 2703 Battleship Pkwy., Mobile, AL
- Just off of I-10 exits 27 or 30, Highway 90/98.
- Oct-Mar 8 am- 4 pm, Apr-Sep 8 am-6 pm. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Sub USS Drum - Up On Blocks
Visitor Tips and News About Sub USS Drum - Up On Blocks
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The USS Drum is a piece of American history. Walking through the small halls and cramped quarters ... You can't help but have a new respect and awe for the men who served on this submarine.
Sub USS Drum
Along with the battleship USS Alabama,the WW II submarine USS Drum is open for tours. She did 13 patrols from 1942-45. Hard to imagine living in such tight quarters for so long.
[Todd Fabbro, 07/25/2003]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Gold Peanut, Dothan, Alabama
- Mobile On The Half Shell, Mobile, Alabama
- Russian Sea Rescue Pod, Spanish Fort, Alabama
- Noccalula Falls Doomed Maiden, Gadsden, Alabama
- Car Crashed Into Building, Fort Payne, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips