Salem, Virginia: Brick Company 9/11 MemorialSteel beams from the 33rd to 36th floors of the North Tower of the World Trade Center support a flagpole on the front lawn of a brick company.
Old Virginia Brick
- 2500 W. Main St., Salem, VA
- Old Virginia Brick. I-81 exit 137. Drive south into town on Wildwood Rd. Turn right at the stop light onto W. Main St. Drive about a half-mile. On the left, just past the next stoplight.
Visitor Tips and News About Brick Company 9/11 Memorial
Flagpole monument created out of beams from the 33rd to 36th floors of the North Tower of the World Trade Center. The plaque at the base dedicates it to the fallen, civilian and professionals.[Steve Gray, 10/02/2012]
The monument, built by a local brick company, is dedicated "to all the innocent people killed by the terrorists on September 11, 2001."
The Old Virgina Brick Company has erected a monument to the World Trade Center: A flagpole made from a steel beam from the rubble of the towers. It's easily visible from west main street in Salem.[Anon., 05/25/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Steam Engine Tombstones, Roanoke, VA - 6 mi.
- Big Comb, Roanoke, VA - 7 mi.
- Trojan Dog, Roanoke, VA - 7 mi.
- In the region: Raymond F. Ratcliffe Memorial Transportation Museum, Pulaski, VA - 41 mi.