Jefferson City, Missouri: Veterinary MuseumSmall, but it does have some freakish things in jars and a display of instruments with uncomfortable purposes.
Missouri Veterinary Medical Foundation
- 2500 Country Club Drive, Jefferson City, MO
- West side of the city. From downtown, take US Hwy 50 west to Hwy 179. Go north on 179. At the first stop light, turn right on Country Club Drive. The museum, at Missouri Veterinary Medical Foundation, is about one mile on the left.
- M-F 9 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Free to walk around
Visitor Tips and News About Veterinary Museum
This is a small museum that showcases veterinary instruments, such as balling guns, emasculators and trocars for large animals, trunks filled with horse dental tools, bleeding instruments, horse pills and lots of huge syringes. There are three operating tables for small animals. There are specimens in glass jars, like Siamese piglets and an eight-legged piglet, hairballs from pigs and other farm animals, a colossal kidney stone found in a horse and interesting objects found in animals. The museum is free.[RJ, updated by Steve, 08/01/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Head of Rush Limbaugh, Famous Missourian, Jefferson City, MO - 2 mi.
- Missouri State Penitentiary Tours, Jefferson City, MO - 3 mi.
- Burgers' Smokehouse Visitors Center, California, MO - 19 mi.
- In the region: Stephens Museum - Boone Gravestone, Big Game, Extinction, Fayette, MO - 47 mi.