Tampa, Florida: Recyclosaurus Dinosaur
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Huge Trashasaurus Rex, the stuff of Tampa children's nightmares, is made of garbage, and guards "the largest science center in the southeastern United States." Refurbished in 2011; the eyes light up at night.
Roadsideamerica.com Report... [03/06/2011]
Visitor Tips and News About Recyclosaurus Dinosaur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A large red Trashasaurus Rex stands in front of the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) on Fowler Avenue in Tampa. MOSI is the largest science center in the southeastern United States. There are even more dinosaurs inside. "MOSI is one of a handful of museums in the world to display one of the largest articulated dinosaurs ever discovered. The sauropods that occupy MOSI's lobby reach three stories with a total combined length of approximately 150 feet. Their long tails helped to balance their very long necks, making it possible for some to reach as high as five stories."
[L. Gude, 09/18/2003]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 3, 2015
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Collection of Autographed Baseballs, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Last Silent Movie Studio in Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida
- White Shriner Statue, Sarasota, Florida
- World's Largest Bowling Pin, Tampa, Florida
- Nalcrest: Postal Worker Golden Years Utopia, Nalcrest, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Chi-Town Union Station, Commerce Twp, Michigan
- Large Cow, Ashburn, Georgia
- Paul Bunyan, Muncie, Indiana
- VW Beetle Spider, Palm Springs, California
- World's Largest Thermometer, Baker, California
Latest Visitor Tips