Sidney, British Columbia, Canada: Mineral World & Scratch Patch
Whatever gemstones you find and can fit in your bag, you can keep.
- 9891 Seaport Place, Sidney, BC, Canada
- On the waterfront in Sidney, north of Victoria on Vancouver Island.
- 9:30 am - 9 pm (summer). (Call to verify)
- Free. Collector bags are Canadian $6/8/10.
Mineral World & Scratch Patch
Visitor Tips and News About Mineral World & Scratch Patch
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hunt for gemstones in an outdoor garden, and they're free! OK, you have to buy the bag, but whatever you fit in that bag, you keep! There are amethysts, tigereye, agates, lapis and lots of others. They claim "over 75 gem varieties." You can also pan for real gold (and keep what you find).
[Rick Hudson, 08/07/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Wooden Scuba Diver, Sidney, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Statue of Terry Fox, One Leg and a Dream, Victoria, BC, Canada - 17 mi.
- Mile Zero of the Trans-Canada Highway, Victoria, BC, Canada - 17 mi.
- In the region: Overgrown Ship Hulk, Anacortes, WA - 35 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose, British Columbia
- Paul B in Squamish, Squamish, British Columbia
- Giant Raspberries, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Giant Sparrows, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Floating Ghost Ships, Powell River, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Deer, Famous Albino, Garner, North Carolina
- Giant Flamingo, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Petroglyphs with Antennae, Bellows Falls, Vermont
- Odd Statue of the Swamp Fox, Johnsonville, South Carolina
- Eastern Continental Divide Monument, Duluth, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips