Cape Charles, Virginia: Lighthouse Water TowerAn unusual hybrid: is it a lighthouse or a water tower? It's a water tower.
- Randolph Ave., Cape Charles, VA
- From US Highway 13, go west on VA-184 about a mile. The water tower is on the left on the eastern side of town.
Visitor Tips and News About Lighthouse Water Tower
Cape Charles, a small town on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, has a water tower built to look like a lighthouse. Designed in 1992, the water tower is patterned after the old Cape Charles Lighthouse.[Frank Abbott, 11/03/2007]
On the road that leads to the Eastern Shore's Cape Charles there is a water tower that is painted and topped off to look like a lighthouse. This area is very big on fishing and the sea, since it is surrounded by water, the Chesapeake Bay on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other. There is even a light at the top to warn aircraft, but I don't think ships would be warned off, since it is about a mile from the bay.[Eric, 08/09/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Beach LOVE Chairs, Cape Charles, VA - 7 mi.
- Edgar Cayce Institute/Association of Research and Enlightenment, Virginia Beach, VA - 26 mi.
- Statue Of Liberty Replica, Exmore, VA - 20 mi.
- In the region: USS Monitor Relics, Replica, Newport News, VA - 30 mi.