Green Valley, Arizona: Titan Missile Museum
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Fabulous Prizes for 1 Millionth Missile Museum Visitor
Visitor Tips and News About Titan Missile Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
One of our favorite Apocalypse Almost-Now attractions, the Titan Missile Museum outside of Tucson, Arizona, is counting up to its one millionth visitor. If its present attendance trends continue, that milestone tourist will walk through the turnstiles either on February 10 or 11, 2007, although museum director Yvonne Morris concedes that a surge could push it forward to February 8 or even 7.
... [02/03/2007] Complete News Story
Titan Missile Museum
The cold war is over but the last symbol of that episode can be seen in a missile silo 20 miles south of Tucson along Interstate 19 (take freeway exit 69 at the sign which says "Titan Missile Museum" and then a very short drive west). The silo is a hundred feet underground and much of it is open to the public (tour fee $7.50 per adult)...the whole visit (missile silo tour, museum, and outdoor display) can be seen in about an hour. The stairs down into the silo are steep and not suitable for small children or handicapped. Cameras are allowed.
[Kent R. Reinhold, 03/20/1999]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Restaurant Shaped like a Longhorn Skull, Amado, AZ - 13 mi.
- Tucson Rodeo Parade Museum, Tucson, AZ - 18 mi.
- Avatar 9/11 Memorial, Tucson, AZ - 18 mi.
- Winged Cow, Teepee, Boat, Tucson, AZ - 24 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 23, 2014
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Barry Goldwater Memorial, Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Arizona Falls, Phoenix, Arizona
- World's Smallest Museum, Superior, Arizona
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- A&W Root Beer Family, Willcox, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips