High Point, North Carolina: World's Largest Chest of Drawers
- 508 North Hamilton St., High Point, NC
- I-85 exit 111. North on Main St./US 311 for five miles. Cross the railroad tracks, then in five blocks turn right onto Westwood Ave. The Chest is two blocks straight ahead, at the intersection of Westwood and Hamilton St.
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Town landmark, once called the "Bureau of Information." 38 feet tall, with two giant socks hanging from one of its drawers. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Chest of Drawers
I had no idea this chest was here and found it while driving through town. You really can't miss it, and almost can't believe your eyes. If you love "worlds biggest," fun, random, American treasures it's worth a stop.[Allie Sherman, 08/15/2013]
It was sad when we drove up and I saw a "For sale" sign sitting out front of the giant bureau. It was in great condition, really easy to find, and a parking lot right next to it, so very easy to get to.[Danielle, 10/02/2011]
The World's Largest Chest of Drawers is still for sale, but the sign has been lowered so the big socks are visible.[Chris Brown, 05/29/2011]
When we visited the Largest Chest of Drawers we were saddened to see a big "For Sale" sign on it again. They had a banner over it so you could not see the socks - but we peeked underneath, they are still safely there. It was easy to get to.[Linda, 11/23/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Natuzzi Ship Building, High Point, NC - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Highboy Chest, Jamestown, NC - 5 mi.
- World's Largest Duncan Phyfe Chair, Thomasville, NC - 7 mi.
- In the region: Steakhouse Bull at Old Staley's Grill - Temporarily Gone, Winston-Salem, NC - 19 mi.