New Hope, Pennsylvania: Boomer - Prehistoric Statue
Boomer is a hybrid of a dinosaur and a dog, a sculpture by artist Dan Stewart
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Boomer - Prehistoric Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Boomer - Prehistoric Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Boomer the weird dino-dog sculpture is still around on the lawn just to the south of the lock house, on the south side of New Hope. It has been moved since the last time we were there (December 2010) and is now close to the sidewalk. Well worth posing with. The artist who made it, Dan Stewart, has made a variety of smaller, similar beasts. [Steve Crandall, 05/01/2013]
Boomer - Pointy-tailed beast
This odd sculpture stands on a canal path near the south end of New Hope. It appears at first to be a forgotten breed of prehistoric sloth-wolf. Called "Boomer" by its creator, Dan Stewart, the bronze beast with the pointy tail glares at the southern approach to this New Agey arts haven and biker beer stop...
A small plaque near Boomer notifies canal strollers that he is available for purchase. So he may not be here for long.
[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 11/26/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- 9/11 Memorial Garden Of Reflection, Newtown, PA - 8 mi.
- New Jersey State Police Museum, West Trenton, NJ - 9 mi.
- Fonthill, Concrete Castle Home, Doylestown, PA - 10 mi.
- Mariachi Band, American Gothic, et al, Trenton, NJ - 15 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 20, 2014
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Little Village, Alum Bank, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cow, Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
- Wolf Sanctuary of PA, Lititz, Pennsylvania
- Snowman-Shaped Ice Cream Stand, Portersville, Pennsylvania
- Giant Street Musicians, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Western Mining Museum, Helper, Utah
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Giant Pepsi Can, Worthing, South Dakota
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips