Cleveland, Ohio: Shoe TreeMore unusual than most trees draped with shoes. This one is in a cemetery. Departing soles?
Lake View Cemetery
- 12316 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH
- Lake View Cemetery is on the northeast corner of US 20/Euclid Ave. and US 322/Mayfield Rd. Entrances from both streets. The Shoe Tree is back near the "dump area."
- 7:30am-5:30pm (Memorial - Labor Day 8:30 am - dusk). (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Don't bother. I expected to see a tree with shoes hanging from the branches, like in the movie Sex Drive, but I was wrong. It's also VERY hard to find.[Sara & Trav, 04/07/2010]
At Lake View Cemetery, known nationally for its horticultural and historical interest, there is a great shoe tree back near the "dump area." Mostly teen and younger shoes are on the tree. I asked about it in the office and only one person had a vague idea what I was talking about. However, it is a popular place to run, walk, exercise dogs, tc. and many people familiar with the cemetery know of it.[Patricia, 12/14/2003]
More on Shoe Trees.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave of Eliot Ness, Cleveland, OH - < 1 mi.
- President James Garfield Castle, Other Graves, Cleveland, OH - < 1 mi.
- Grave of Only Baseball Player Killed by a Baseball, Cleveland Heights, OH - < 1 mi.
- Harvey Pekar Memorial, Cleveland Heights, OH - 2 mi.