Saint Jo, Texas: Lady Bug VWs and Other Big Folk Art
Another "Cadillac Ranch"-inspired Texas roadside art piece.
- Hwy 677, Saint Jo, TX
- On Hwy 677, two miles southwest of US 82/Broad St. in Saint Jo. At the junction of Hwys 677 and 3206, on the southwest corner.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Lady Bug VWs and Other Big Folk Art
Visitor Tips and News About Lady Bug VWs and Other Big Folk Art
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Some sculptures in a pasture, clearly visible from the road. As I misremember, these pics were taken Jul/Aug 02. The Sunflowers are rotary aircraft engines welded on top of oil drill pipe. The Lady Bugs are VWs. These are the smallest things in the collection. The saguaro, fan and airplane are utility poles. I haven't been able to find out who the artist is (yet). Talked with several residents at the St. Jo DQ and most said they knew who it was but refused to give me any helpful information other than he lives in a nearby town, not St. Jo. Everybody but our waitress thought the guy was a complete nut.
The pasture is littered with junk in and around the art pieces - future works in progress?
[David Carlson, 01/25/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Fischer's Meat Market Glockenspiel, Muenster, TX - 10 mi.
- Glenn Goode's Big People, Gainesville, TX - 27 mi.
- Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, Motel, Decatur, TX - 31 mi.
- In the region: Space Alien Pilot Buried Here, Aurora, TX - 43 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Giant Arrow, Plains, Texas
- Hindu Temple, Stafford, Texas
- Bat Colony, Huntsville, Texas
- JD Tippit Murder Site, Oak Cliff, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips