Detroit, Michigan: Giant Fist of Joe Louis
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Fist of Joe Louis
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe Louis Fist
This giant fist is a monument dedicated to world heavyweight champion Joe Louis, a native of Detroit. Robert Graham sculpted the bronze pyramid structure that suspends a bronze 24-foot-arm and fist 24-feet above the ground. It weighs in at 8,000 pounds.
[Ann Carden, 11/12/2008]
Statutory Crime: Vandals whitewash giant Joe Louis Fist
Last Monday in Detroit, Michigan, two out-of-town idiots were arrested for vandalizing a huge Joe Louis punching fist sculpture with gallons of white paint. The 24-ft.... [02/29/2004] Complete News Story
October 26, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- Yogi Bear Statue, Frankenmuth, Michigan
- Wooden Statue And Grave Of Police K9 Zeek, Westland, Michigan
- Montrose Historical and Telephone Pioneer Museum, Montrose, Michigan
- Rosa Parks in Unfamiliar Pose, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sharlie, Twilight Dragon of Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho
- Mac-A-Cheek Castle, West Liberty, Ohio
- Giant Coke Bottle, Bruceville, Indiana
- Giant Bottle of Vess, St. Louis, Missouri
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas