Detroit, Michigan: Giant Fist of Joe Louis
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Fist of Joe Louis
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe Louis Fist
This giant fist is a monument dedicated to world heavyweight champion Joe Louis, a native of Detroit. Robert Graham sculpted the bronze pyramid structure that suspends a bronze 24-foot-arm and fist 24-feet above the ground. It weighs in at 8,000 pounds.
[Ann Carden, 11/12/2008]
Statutory Crime: Vandals whitewash giant Joe Louis Fist
Last Monday in Detroit, Michigan, two out-of-town idiots were arrested for vandalizing a huge Joe Louis punching fist sculpture with gallons of white paint. The 24-ft.... [02/29/2004] Complete News Story
January 22, 2017
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- High and Dry 45th Parallel Marker, Suttons Bay, Michigan
- Park of Transplanted Bridges, Battle Creek, Michigan
- Water Tank Disguised as Lighthouse, Clay Township, Michigan
- National Coney Island Horn, Roseville, Michigan
- ToothQuake: Piles of Big Teeth, Northville, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Anvil Rock, Anvil Rock, South Carolina
- Queen Esther's Rock, Wyoming, Pennsylvania
- First Transcontinental Phone Call Monument, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Rick James Grave, Buffalo, New York
- First Automobile Voyage by Horseless Carriage, Kokomo, Indiana