Detroit, Michigan: Giant Fist of Joe Louis
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Fist of Joe Louis
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe Louis Fist
This giant fist is a monument dedicated to world heavyweight champion Joe Louis, a native of Detroit. Robert Graham sculpted the bronze pyramid structure that suspends a bronze 24-foot-arm and fist 24-feet above the ground. It weighs in at 8,000 pounds.
[Ann Carden, 11/12/2008]
Statutory Crime: Vandals whitewash giant Joe Louis Fist
Last Monday in Detroit, Michigan, two out-of-town idiots were arrested for vandalizing a huge Joe Louis punching fist sculpture with gallons of white paint. The 24-ft.... [02/29/2004] Complete News Story
December 6, 2016
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- ToothQuake: Piles of Big Teeth, Northville, Michigan
- Mural of Obama, MLK, and Jesus, Detroit, Michigan
- Golf Giant, New Baltimore, Michigan
- Mental Hospital Tour: Buildings and Tunnels, Traverse City, Michigan
- U of M Legends Wave from a Balcony, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Samurai Sword of Pilot Who Bombed Oregon, Brookings, Oregon
- Hole N' The Rock And The Stuffed Donkey, Moab, Utah
- Goblin Valley - Galaxy Quest Planet And Fun Photo Op, Green River, Utah
- Kelly's Muffler Car, Paradise, California
- Giraffe Bursts Through Roof, Aurora, Illinois