Landsford, Pennsylvania: No. 9 Mine and Museum
A well-preserved Anthracite (coal) mine for you to explore.
No. 9 Mine and Museum
Visitor Tips and News About No. 9 Mine and Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Unusual mine in that the doctor's office and the original mine elevator is still intact. Located just west of Jim Thorpe, PA, on Route 209. It is the most original and preserved Anthracite mine I've seen. Well worth the trip from local area and to get away from the routine tourist traps of the Poconos.
[michael hunter, 04/17/2004]
August 5, 2015
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Randyland, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Bill's Old Bike Barn: Much More Than Bikes, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- Fredosaurus Rex: Mr. Rogers Dinosaur, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Abandoned PA Turnpike - "The Road" Movie Location, Breezewood, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sword in the Stone, Urbandale, Iowa
- Camera Obscura - Giant Pinhole Camera, Santa Monica, California
- Peanut Butter and Nut Tour, Columbus, Ohio
- Large Shrimps with Top Hats, Titusville, Florida
- Prayer Mountain, Wimberley, Texas