Landsford, Pennsylvania: No. 9 Mine and Museum
A well-preserved Anthracite (coal) mine for you to explore.
No. 9 Mine and Museum
Visitor Tips and News About No. 9 Mine and Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Unusual mine in that the doctor's office and the original mine elevator is still intact. Located just west of Jim Thorpe, PA, on Route 209. It is the most original and preserved Anthracite mine I've seen. Well worth the trip from local area and to get away from the routine tourist traps of the Poconos.
[michael hunter, 04/17/2004]
July 5, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Bull Statue, Mercer, Pennsylvania
- Johnstown Inclined Plane - World's Steepest Vehicular Inclined Plane, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Living Dead Museum, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Flying Saucer in Town Named Mars, Mars, Pennsylvania
- Mercer Museum, Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota