Wendell, North Carolina: Hydrocephalic Daniel Boone
A larger-than-life, hand-carved woodsman with a coon-skin cap on a bloated head.
- 1940 Rolling Pines Ln., Wendell, NC
- On the south side of Hwy 64 just east of its split from US 64/264. Turn right (south) onto Eagle Rock Rd and the statue will be on the right, set back on the grass near the trees.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Hydrocephalic Daniel Boone
Visitor Tips and News About Hydrocephalic Daniel Boone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Random statue of Daniel Boone. Almost missed it. Not entirely prominent. Not overall spectacular either. Kind of a neat random statue, just passing by, but would not make a special trip to see it (like my sister and I did). [MissChrys16, 05/01/2013]
There's nothing else here I've found. Perhaps a remnant of previous roadside attraction. We were especially fond of the raccoon face on the hat.
[Ric Carter, 04/19/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 18, 2013
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Sleep in Andy Griffith's Boyhood Home, Mount Airy, North Carolina
- Digger's Dungeon - Home of Grave Digger, Poplar Branch, North Carolina
- Shell Gas Station, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Birthplace of Pepsi, New Bern, North Carolina
- Steel Tree, Mistaken for Dead Tree, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, Connecticut
- Tom Thumb, P. T. Barnum Graves, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Lorraine Motel, Memphis, Tennessee
- Pirate Ship, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips