Waukon, Iowa: Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
A rare case in which a Muffler Man is upstaged -- by a longhorn steer that's even bigger than he is.
Village Farm and Home Store
- Rossville Rd, Waukon, IA
- Village Farm and Home Store. On the east side of Rossville Rd/Hwys 76/9 a half-mile north of where the Hwys split, or a mile south of downtown Waukon.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Somehow this one fell off the list. It's a cowboy, in good condition, accompanied by a charging longhorn. Craig Thom snapped a photo and reported in late 1997. We noticed a plaque between the Muffler Man's feet that claims he was manufactured in Sparta, Wisconsin, at Creative Displays, the defunct forerunner of F.A.S.T. On highway 76 one mile south of town. [Roadsideamerica.com Team, 09/03/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Garden Trowel, Des Moines, Iowa
- Statue of Liberty Replica, Des Moines, Iowa
- Big Stainless Steel Hawk, Iowa City, Iowa
- Awkward Airport Sculptures, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Dr. Who Time Booth, Burlington, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Beatles/Classic Rock Ice Cream Shoppe, Pacific Grove, California
- Metrobot, Cincinnati, Ohio
- World's Largest Kokopelli, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House, Hapeville, Georgia
- Right-Wing Uncle Sam Billboard, Chehalis, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips