Waukon, Iowa: Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
A rare case in which a Muffler Man is upstaged -- by a longhorn steer that's even bigger than he is.
Village Farm and Home Store
- Rossville Rd, Waukon, IA
- Village Farm and Home Store. On the east side of Rossville Rd/Hwys 76/9 a half-mile north of where the Hwys split, or a mile south of downtown Waukon.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
Somehow this one fell off the list. It's a cowboy, in good condition, accompanied by a charging longhorn. Craig Thom snapped a photo and reported in late 1997. We noticed a plaque between the Muffler Man's feet that claims he was manufactured in Sparta, Wisconsin, at Creative Displays, the defunct forerunner of F.A.S.T. On highway 76 one mile south of town. [Roadsideamerica.com Team, 09/03/1998]
February 7, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Hawkeye Buffalo Ranch, Fredericksburg, Iowa
- Feature: Surf Ballroom: Buddy Holly's Last Gig, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Feature: Buddy Holly Crash Site, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Abe Lincoln Saves a Bridge, Davenport, Iowa
- Feature: Matchstick Marvels Museum, Gladbrook, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona