Waukon, Iowa: Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
A rare case in which a Muffler Man is upstaged -- by a longhorn steer that's even bigger than he is.
Village Farm and Home Store
- Rossville Rd, Waukon, IA
- Village Farm and Home Store. On the east side of Rossville Rd/Hwys 76/9 a half-mile north of where the Hwys split, or a mile south of downtown Waukon.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer
Somehow this one fell off the list. It's a cowboy, in good condition, accompanied by a charging longhorn. Craig Thom snapped a photo and reported in late 1997. We noticed a plaque between the Muffler Man's feet that claims he was manufactured in Sparta, Wisconsin, at Creative Displays, the defunct forerunner of F.A.S.T. On highway 76 one mile south of town. [Roadsideamerica.com Team, 09/03/1998]
January 17, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Tower of Grain Wagons, Williamsburg, Iowa
- Feature: Squirrel Cage Jail, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Black Squirrel Town, Kingsley, Iowa
- Coffee Pot Water Tower, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Civil War Tails: Miniature Catfight, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Castle Blood, Beallsville, Pennsylvania
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
- Legoland, Carlsbad, California
- Tow Mater Truck, Cleveland, Tennessee