Wichita, Kansas: Muffler Man
Towering fiberglass figure clutches a tiny tire and guards a lot full of wrecked cars.
Brown's Tire and Custom Wheel Center
- 4203 S. Broadway St., Wichita, KS
- Brown's Tire and Custom Wheel Center. South side of the city, on the west side of S. Broadway St. at E. 42nd St. S. Not visible heading north.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Muffler Man in Wichita is still there! [David Backlin, 09/09/2006]
The Brown's Tire Muffler Man in Wichita is still standing strong, virtually unchanged from the Roadside America photo from 1998. He has a nice fresh paint job. He no longer has the word, "Brown's" on his chest and they aren't making him carry that tire anymore. Submitted for Wichita Ray by Splatt the Harley Ratt
[Wichita Ray, 04/30/2006]
Muffler Man on Broadway in Wichita: Because he is recessed from the street, you can only see him when you're going south on Broadway. He advertises a tire company, and stands guard over a fenced in lot full of wrecked cars. He holds a tire (which looks kinda puny) in his upturned hand, but his downturned hand is empty, giving him a distressingly limp-wristed appearance. In addition to a tire iron or other prop for that hand, he could also use a new coat of paint. The picture was taken 10/20/98. I hope it is good enough for this guy to leave the Muffler Man purgatory of being "unconfirmed."
[Dave Vander Velde, 10/26/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 5, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Easel, Goodland, Kansas
- Dinosaurs, Nursery Rhyme scenes, Independence, Kansas
- The Equality House, Topeka, Kansas
- Bumper Guard Bulls, Wichita, Kansas
- Airplanes In Hay Field, Rantoul, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Nostalgiaville USA, Kingdom City, Missouri
- Tiny Church - Pause Rest Worship, Yuma, Arizona
- The Courthouse Dome, Bloomington, Illinois
- Happy Tower and Historic Main St., Happy, Texas
- Green McDonald's Arches, Sedona, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips