Metairie, Louisiana: Muffler Man - A King (Gone)
- I-10 exit 226, then south on Clearview Pkwy. On the southbound side, just south of the intersection of W. Napoleon Ave. In front of a Notary office that also sells discount auto insurance.
- Reported in storage awaiting repair.
A familiar fiberglass statue in rare, crowned configuration. Downed in 2012 hurricane, reported gone summer 2013. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man - A King (Gone)
Hurricane Isaac (2012) toppled the Muffler Man and decapitated him. It's gone now.[Wade, 07/05/2013]
Hurricane Isaac toppled the Muffler Man in Metairie. People have posted of photos on Twitter today. He has been decapitated and knocked down.[Scott Ladewig, 08/29/2012]
It's the same crowned Muffler Man who appeared to be gloating in the background of newscasts after surviving Hurricane Katrina.
The Muffler Man's red shirt and blue pants were fading (and that was a paint job done long after the one in Sal's photo). Appropriately enough, he now wears a gloriously shiny pair of "gold" pants (no, not metallic -- he's not that flashy) and an equally shiny black shirt enhanced with a gold fleur de lis. This is more than just a sports thing, y'all -- after Katrina, the fleur de lis became our symbol, our stars and stripes.
Muffler dude wears it well!![Kathy Martello, 10/25/2010]
The Muffler Man has been repainted. He now has a black shirt with a fleur du Lis on the chest and gold pants. Looks good.[Andy V, 08/19/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Voodoo-Enhanced New Orleans Cemetery, New Orleans, LA - 4 mi.
- Mighty Mississippi Prize Fight Statue, Kenner, LA - 4 mi.
- Storyland, New Orleans, LA - 5 mi.
- Fats Domino's Waterlogged Piano and other Katrina Relics, New Orleans, LA - 7 mi.