Linwood, North Carolina: Daniel Boone - Pioneer GiantA pioneer, a prospector, a Daniel Boone -- the labels given to this particular roadside statue vary.
Bill's Truck Stop Restaurant
- 1210 Snider Kines Rd, Linwood, NC
- Bill's Truck Stop Restaurant, southwest of Lexington, off I-85 at Belmont Rd Exit.
Visitor Tips and News About Daniel Boone - Pioneer Giant
This is just to let you know that the cowboy-[pioneer giant] is still there. In the 1960s he was used by the first drive-thru in Birmingham, Alabama, called Wagon Ho (It was a huge covered wagon with this guy driving it.. ahhh childhood.). Anyway, just letting you know he still stands. Even though he has to be one of the worst mascots for a truck stop ever... you only see him when you've passed the exit![Aaron Bruchis, 05/07/2007]
There's one outside of Lexington, NC on I-85 business. It stands outside of Bill's truckstop and (reputedly) whorehouse.[Tim Hall, 10/04/1997]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave of the Foot of James A. Reid, Salisbury, NC - 9 mi.
- World's Largest Duncan Phyfe Chair, Thomasville, NC - 17 mi.
- Steakhouse Bull at Old Staley's Grill - Temporarily Gone, Winston-Salem, NC - 25 mi.
- Moose Statue, Mooresville, NC - 28 mi.