Linwood, North Carolina: Daniel Boone - Pioneer Giant
A pioneer, a prospector, a Daniel Boone -- the labels given to this particular roadside statue vary.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Bill's Pioneer Giant
Visitor Tips and News About Daniel Boone - Pioneer Giant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is just to let you know that the cowboy-[pioneer giant] is still there. In the 1960s he was used by the first drive-thru in Birmingham, Alabama, called Wagon Ho (It was a huge covered wagon with this guy driving it.. ahhh childhood.). Anyway, just letting you know he still stands. Even though he has to be one of the worst mascots for a truck stop ever... you only see him when you've passed the exit!
[Aaron Bruchis, 05/07/2007]
Daniel Boone - Pioneer Giant
There's one outside of Lexington, NC on I-85 business. It stands outside of Bill's truckstop and (reputedly) whorehouse.
[Tim Hall, 10/04/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 8, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Catfish Hunter Museum, Hertford, North Carolina
- World's Largest Frying Pan, Rose Hill, North Carolina
- Shell Gas Station, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Boo-Boo Bear Statues, Bolton, North Carolina
- Plastic Flamingo Petting Zoo, Cedar Point, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips