Longport, New Jersey: Smiley Face Water TowerA blue smiley face water tower is the friendly mascot of this town. It smirks northward, towards Atlantic City.
- S. 31st Ave., Longport, NJ
- East of Pacific Ave. between S. 30th and S. 31st Aves.
Visitor Tips and News About Smiley Face Water Tower
On a week of shore-town summer fun we sought out many water towers, but this smiley-face vessel gave us pictures that seemed a bit... terrifying. Trying to get a good shot of the face, we circled around and looked between houses. We noticed how much the face reminded us of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from "Ghostbusters."
Love all these H2O holders up and down the Jersey shore, a must-see for every visitor.[jerzyrock, 10/02/2014]
You mention that the best shot you could get of the Longport Smiley Face water tower was a grainy one from the top of Lucy the Elephant. It is nice that you have the water tower face-on. This picture is close and good quality -- figured I'd toss it your way.[Brian Schuller, 12/01/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Lucy the Elephant, Margate City, NJ - < 1 mi.
- Atlantic City's First Resident, Buried in a Traffic Circle, Northfield, NJ - 4 mi.
- Grave of Rex the Wonder Dog, Linwood, NJ - 3 mi.
- In the region: Big Renault Wine Bottle, Egg Harbor City, NJ - 15 mi.