Bonita Springs, Florida: Everglades Wonder Gardens
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Everglades Wonder Gardens
Visitor Tips and News About Everglades Wonder Gardens
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sad News! Everglades Wonder Gardens last day of operations is tomorrow April 21, 2013. There's a small chance that someone could save it but the original family is calling it quits. Well worth a visit if you live nearby. Another roadside wonder fades away. [Tom, 04/20/2013]
Cross a bridge over crazed alligators
In Bonita Springs, FL, on Old US 41, is a marvelous, out of the way roadside attraction that (until April of 2004) boasted the Oldest Living Everglades Crocodile. Unfortunately, we lost "Big Joe" to old age, but visitors can see his "cousin" and thrill to crossing a suspended bridge over a pit of alligators in a feeding frenzy. Many other species represented here. Great for the kids and all under native shade trees.
[Catherine Doikos, 07/20/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Ray Charles Boyhood Home, Greenville, Florida
- Boyett's Grove - Florida Citrus Attraction, Brooksville, Florida
- Key West Cemetery - Wacky Epitaphs, Key West, Florida
- Desert Inn, YeeHaw Junction, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
- Feature: Zero Milestone of the Jeff Davis Highway, Fairview, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips