Elk Rapids, Michigan: Big Swan StatueOriginally built as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids. Why not an elk?
Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- US Hwy 31, Elk Rapids, MI
- South end of town on US Hwy 31 next to Rotary Park in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Swan Statue
Right in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce building on US-31 is a 15 ft tall swan. It has seen better days but originally was built in 1966 as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids in the Cherry Festival and Harbor Days parades. They even have a printed fact sheet providing a history of the swan.[Jim Hejl, 08/02/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Monument to the Dean of Michigan's Tourism Activity, Kewadin, MI - 5 mi.
- High and Dry 45th Parallel Marker, Traverse City, MI - 7 mi.
- Old Mission Lighthouse Rock Cairns, Traverse City, MI - 7 mi.
- In the region: Bottle Cap Museum - Largest Private Coca Cola Collection, Grayling, MI - 38 mi.