Elk Rapids, Michigan: Big Swan Statue
Originally built as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids. Why not an elk?
Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- US Hwy 31, Elk Rapids, MI
- South end of town on US Hwy 31 next to Rotary Park in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Swan Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Elk Rapids Swan
Right in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce building on US-31 is a 15 ft tall swan. It has seen better days but originally was built in 1966 as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids in the Cherry Festival and Harbor Days parades. They even have a printed fact sheet providing a history of the swan.
[Jim Hejl, 08/02/2004]
August 28, 2015
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Adventure Mine, Greenland, Michigan
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum, Paradise, Michigan
- Swinging Bridge, Croswell, Michigan
- Front Lawn Stonehenge, Nunica, Michigan
- Cryonics Institute, Clinton Township, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota