Elk Rapids, Michigan: Big Swan Statue
Originally built as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids. Why not an elk?
Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- US Hwy 31, Elk Rapids, MI
- South end of town on US Hwy 31 next to Rotary Park in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Swan Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Elk Rapids Swan
Right in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce building on US-31 is a 15 ft tall swan. It has seen better days but originally was built in 1966 as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids in the Cherry Festival and Harbor Days parades. They even have a printed fact sheet providing a history of the swan.
[Jim Hejl, 08/02/2004]
January 17, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- High and Dry 45th Parallel Marker, Suttons Bay, Michigan
- Park of Transplanted Bridges, Battle Creek, Michigan
- Water Tank Disguised as Lighthouse, Clay Township, Michigan
- National Coney Island Horn, Roseville, Michigan
- ToothQuake: Piles of Big Teeth, Northville, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Civil War Tails: Miniature Catfight, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Castle Blood, Beallsville, Pennsylvania
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
- Legoland, Carlsbad, California
- Tow Mater Truck, Cleveland, Tennessee