Elk Rapids, Michigan: Big Swan Statue
Originally built as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids. Why not an elk?
Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- US Hwy 31, Elk Rapids, MI
- South end of town on US Hwy 31 next to Rotary Park in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Swan Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Elk Rapids Swan
Right in front of the Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce building on US-31 is a 15 ft tall swan. It has seen better days but originally was built in 1966 as a float to carry Miss Elk Rapids in the Cherry Festival and Harbor Days parades. They even have a printed fact sheet providing a history of the swan.
[Jim Hejl, 08/02/2004]
December 5, 2016
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- ToothQuake: Piles of Big Teeth, Northville, Michigan
- Mural of Obama, MLK, and Jesus, Detroit, Michigan
- Golf Giant, New Baltimore, Michigan
- Mental Hospital Tour: Buildings and Tunnels, Traverse City, Michigan
- U of M Legends Wave from a Balcony, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Film Strip USA Monument, Culver City, California
- San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, California
- Feature: Samurai Sword of Pilot Who Bombed Oregon, Brookings, Oregon
- Hole N' The Rock And The Stuffed Donkey, Moab, Utah
- Goblin Valley - Galaxy Quest Planet And Fun Photo Op, Green River, Utah