Sparks, Nevada: Last Chance Joe
36 feet tall, a smiling, one-toothed, white-bearded prospector with a floppy hat and a pistol on each hip. Abandoned by his casino owners in 2014, Joe was rescued by the city and moved to a place of honor in front of the Sparks Museum.
Sparks Heritage Museum
- 814 Victorian Ave., Sparks, NV
- Sparks Heritage Museum. I-80 exit 18. Turn north onto Pyramid Way. Drive one block. Turn left onto Victorian Ave. You'll see Last Chance Joe on the right, in front of the museum.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Last Chance Joe
Visitor Tips and News About Last Chance Joe
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The statue is no longer in front of the Nugget. The new owners have evicted it. It is now one block east at the Sparks Chamber of Commerce. [J Peacock, 12/23/2014]
Nugget Sam is... Last Chance Joe!
His name is not Nugget Sam. It's Last Chance Joe [according to a plaque next to the statue]. [Dennis Myers, 03/21/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
February 28, 2015
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- The Surviving Mother: A Sad Mom-ument, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Big Bovine of the Desert, Amargosa, Nevada
- Hammargren Home of Nevada History, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Blue Angel Weather Vane, Las Vegas, Nevada
- $28.2 Million Statue of Popeye, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Statue of Liberty, McRae, Georgia
- Miss Electra, Birmingham, Alabama
- Tinglewood Trail: Trees with Faces, Montevallo, Alabama
- White Shriner Statue, Sarasota, Florida
- World's Largest Bowling Pin, Tampa, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips