Rend Lake, Illinois: Golf Ball and Tee Water TowerA regular spheroid water tower painted like a golf ball atop a giant tee. Promotes the golf course beneath it.
- Golf Course Dr., Rend Lake, IL
- Visible from the I-57 near exit 77, near the intersections of I-64 and I-24. Golf Course Dr. and Gun Creek Trail.
Visitor Tips and News About Golf Ball and Tee Water Tower
It's been a few years but I finally traveled through southern Illinois again - this time I had my camera with me! The water tower painted to look like a golf ball and tee is still in Rend Lake, off I-57 near exit 77. It is visible from the highway for pictures. It is located at a golf resort but I am not sure exactly how to get there from the interstate.[Chris Kee, 07/27/2009]
In Rend Lake, Illinois there is a large water tower visible from I-57. The water tower is painted to resemble a giant white golf ball suspended on a giant green golf tee. This helps promote a local golf course.[Chris Kee, 08/19/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Franklin County Garage Museum, Benton, IL - 6 mi.
- Charlie Birger Gallows and George Harrison Artifacts, Benton, IL - 6 mi.
- Pose with Stovepipe Hat Abe, Mount Vernon, IL - 17 mi.
- In the region: Smiley Face Water Tower, Makanda, IL - 36 mi.