New Orleans, Louisiana: Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans
Open since 1964. History of New Orleans told in 154 figures, plus a small Haunted Dungeon. Famous for its unique "Red Light District Cat Fight" scene of battling prostitutes.
- 917 Rue Conti, New Orleans, LA
- In the French Quarter, on the north side of Conti St. between Burgundy and Dauphine Sts, 1.5 blocks west of Bourbon St.
- M, F, Sa 10 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adults $7.00
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Musee Conti Wax Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is a wax museum dedicated to the History of New Orleans, with a small chamber of horrors sort of tacked on to the end. There are one or two really well done figures, but most of the rest are in serious need of maintenance. I always take friends there when they come to town and give them my special tour of missing fingers, extra dusty props, and of course, the blazing VOODOO neon sign, accompanying the "real voodoo ceremony."
[Flynn De Marco, 10/10/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 19, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Old Hardhide - Town Gator in a Cage, Ponchatoula, Louisiana
- Creepy Oak and Pine Alley, St. Martinville, Louisiana
- Lighthouse Building, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Abita Mystery House, Abita Springs, Louisiana
- World War II Meets the Titanic, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Worried Buoy, Port Townsend, Washington
- Bomb Crater Marker, Florence, South Carolina
- Grave in the Road, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Stonehenge Storybook Village, Alameda, California
- Sugar Flat Road Creature, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips