Springfield, Missouri: Gigantic Paper CupBuilding entrance, and symbol of the epic disposable dishware industry.
- 1100 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO
- Solo. I-44 exit 80A, then drive south on Hwy 44/Glenstone Ave. for around 1.5 miles. On the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Gigantic Paper Cup
The Solo factory is closed and is for sale, but the giant Solo cup still stands! They've blocked off the front parking area, so find a place to park at one of the lots nearby.[Jen, 10/21/2012]
While exploring Springfield, I was rewarded with this..... A gigantic Solo cup which is actually the entrance to the Solo Cup company offices.[Richard Weiss, 05/26/2005]
I just read Feb 10th, 2005 in our Saint Louis Post Dispatch that this paper cup manufacturing plant will be closed sometime this year, 2005. I had always enjoyed seeing this giant cup on my many trips to Springfield. I live in Saint Louis.[Thomas Hobbs, 02/26/2005]
I found this picture on a roll of film from 1999 that turned up mysteriously. Since there's a picture of the Rolla Stonehenge and the Stanton Muffler Man on the same roll, I assume it's the Springfield, Missouri, facility listed on the Sweetheart Web site. The windows are different from the one in Augusta.[Craig S. Thom, 09/26/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Bill Elliott's 1997 McD's NASCAR, Springfield, MO - 1 mi.
- Longest Footbridge for Trainspotters, Springfield, MO - 2 mi.
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Fish and Wildlife Museum, Springfield, MO - 3 mi.
- In the region: God and Country Inspirational Gardens, Branson, MO - 40 mi.