Springfield, Missouri: Gigantic Paper CupBuilding entrance, and symbol of the epic disposable dishware industry. As of July 2014, the structure is apparently being demolished.
- 1100 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO
- Solo. I-44 exit 80A, then drive south on Hwy 44/Glenstone Ave. for around 1.5 miles. On the left.
- July 2014: Bdg. reported being torn down.
Visitor Tips and News About Gigantic Paper Cup
Building is unoccupied and for sale. Heavy overgrowth and parking lot is fully blocked off. Cup looks a bit dingy but still took a great photo.[Rachel Ford, 08/10/2014]
It is still there. The building has been purchased by two companies. The north side is being renovated. Not sure who had bought the south. But the cup is still there.[Cathy, 08/05/2014]
This place is either being torn down or refurbished. I can't really tell with all the work vehicles in the front grounds. I parked across the street to take pics. I am from California, so why not keep my adventure going? It's a must take pic, especially if it may not be there long.[Rshell, 07/17/2014]
This building is being torn down. Equipment is there and razing has begun.[Marion, 07/13/2014]
The building is for sale, the giant cup is still there. You could park across the street and walk across and see it.[Chelsea, 07/03/2013]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Longest Footbridge for Trainspotters, Springfield, MO - 2 mi.
- Stand Where a Man was Killed by Wild Bill Hickok, Springfield, MO - 2 mi.
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Fish and Wildlife Museum, Springfield, MO - 3 mi.
- In the region: Ralph Foster Museum - Beverly Hillbillies Car, Point Lookout, MO - 41 mi.