Colchester, Connecticut: Miracle Survivor Mary Statue
In 2004, St. Mary's Church was destroyed by an explosion, but a statue of the Virgin Mary was left standing. Miracle Mary still stands next to the rebuilt church.
- 178 Linwood Ave., Colchester, CT
- The statue faces the parking lot outside of St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church, which is on the northwest corner of Hwy 2 exit 18.
Miraculous Virgin Mary Statue Falls on Cue, Another Stands Unscathed After Hellish Explosion
Visitor Tips and News About Miracle Survivor Mary Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In New England, two Virgin Mary statues manifested two very different miracles, both considered clear affirmations of the intercession of a divine power, if you ask witnesses and believers.
... [11/03/2004] Complete News Story
March 27, 2017
Connecticut Latest Tips and Stories
- Centaur at the Barnum Museum, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- PEZ Visitor Center, Orange, Connecticut
- House of Doors: Muffler Man No. 2, Cheshire, Connecticut
- White Squirrels of Shelton, Shelton, Connecticut
- Jack, First Presidential Pardon Turkey, Hartford, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia