Marietta, Minnesota - Salt Lake
Visitor Tips and News About Salt Lake
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Salt Lake is a small, perhaps 20 acre prairie lake on the border of Minnesota and South Dakota. It is the only salty body of water between the Atlantic Ocean and the Great Salt Lake in Utah. It is a popular birdwatching area as scores of species of birds, particularly shore birds stop over on their annual migration routes across the midwest. This is in a wildlife management area with an information kiosk at parking area. No amenities, phone, address for information.
[Tom Watson, 01/14/2005]
- From Marietta, head two miles south on Lac qui Parle Co. Rd 7, turn west onto Lac qui Parle Co. Rd 60 for one mile, one south on unmarked gravel township road.
June 28, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Witch's Hat Water Tower, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Pottyville - Outhouse Collection, Glenwood, Minnesota
- Hot Sam's: Big Weird Junk, Lakeville, Minnesota
- Fagen Fighters WWII Museum, Granite Falls, Minnesota
- Giant Braille Book, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Maze Stone - Mysterious Petroglyph, Hemet, California
- City of Presidents, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Patrick Swayze - Dirty Dancing Memorial Rock, Pembroke, Virginia
- Union School: One School for Two States, College Corner, Ohio
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, Maine