Marietta, Minnesota - Salt Lake
Visitor Tips and News About Salt Lake
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Salt Lake is a small, perhaps 20 acre prairie lake on the border of Minnesota and South Dakota. It is the only salty body of water between the Atlantic Ocean and the Great Salt Lake in Utah. It is a popular birdwatching area as scores of species of birds, particularly shore birds stop over on their annual migration routes across the midwest. This is in a wildlife management area with an information kiosk at parking area. No amenities, phone, address for information.
[Tom Watson, 01/14/2005]
- From Marietta, head two miles south on Lac qui Parle Co. Rd 7, turn west onto Lac qui Parle Co. Rd 60 for one mile, one south on unmarked gravel township road.
August 3, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Two-Way Oldsmobile, Preston, Minnesota
- Tiny Church, Luverne, Minnesota
- Last Happy Chef, Mankato, Minnesota
- Steven Seagull - Polite Knocker, Duluth, Minnesota
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Ball of Paint, Alexandria, Indiana
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas