Marietta, Minnesota - Salt Lake
Visitor Tips and News About Salt Lake
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Salt Lake is a small, perhaps 20 acre prairie lake on the border of Minnesota and South Dakota. It is the only salty body of water between the Atlantic Ocean and the Great Salt Lake in Utah. It is a popular birdwatching area as scores of species of birds, particularly shore birds stop over on their annual migration routes across the midwest. This is in a wildlife management area with an information kiosk at parking area. No amenities, phone, address for information.
[Tom Watson, 01/14/2005]
- From Marietta, head two miles south on Lac qui Parle Co. Rd 7, turn west onto Lac qui Parle Co. Rd 60 for one mile, one south on unmarked gravel township road.
April 29, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Welcome Center Paul Bunyan Statue, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Mean Muskie and Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Babe the Blue Ox, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
- 45-Foot-Tall Eiffel Tower, Good Thunder, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Dr. James Ford Historic Home, Wabash, Indiana
- Chicken Wire Minnie Pearl No. 1, Centerville, Tennessee
- Franklin County Historic Jail, Hampton, Iowa
- Rough House: Popeye Character, Chester, Illinois
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama