Columbia, South Carolina: Smiley Face Water TowerOne of many line-art grins that turn water towers into happy faces in towns across the U.S.
- I-77, Columbia, SC
- On the south edge of the city. Visible on the north side of I-77 between exits 2 and 5, just east of the river.
Visitor Tips and News About Smiley Face Water Tower
Hard to get any closer since it's behind a security fence and with the smell you don't want much closer![Jeff Hammer, 01/24/2014]
We had no idea Columbia had swamps! Until we drove around one for this picture.[Jennifer, 01/22/2014]
The City of Columbia's Wastewater Treatment facility has a bulb-shaped blue water tower that has a Smiley Face painted with white paint that stares out at the cars passing on the I-77 bypass.[Jeff Soward, 02/07/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Monument to Hootie and the Blowfish, Columbia, SC - 4 mi.
- Cancer Survivor's Plaza, Columbia, SC - 4 mi.
- Car Wash Tribute to Happy the Tiger, Columbia, SC - 5 mi.
- Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, SC - 4 mi.