Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
We were pleasantly surprised at the awesome scavenger hunt -- great for adults and kids! Plus the admission price is quite reasonable and comes with a tour included.[Brooke Lancaster, 08/02/2015]
- 8 Strawberry Lane, Yarmouthport, MA
- About a mile west of downtown Yarmouth on Hwy 6A. Turn south onto Strawberry Lane. The Gorey house is the first on the left; there's a sign out front.
- Varies by season (Call to verify)
- Adults $5.
Whatever you do, don't go down to house by bridge to get river pics. Owners not nice.[Tracy, 08/02/2015]
The 1967 hit song "Ode to Billie Joe" by Bobbie Gentry sadly recounts the suicide jump of a teenager off the Tallahatchie Bridge. The original bridge was only 20 ft. above the water; the song caused an influx of bridge jumpers so the Leflore County Board imposed a $100 jumping fine.
- US Hwy 278, Batesville, MS
- I-55 exit 243A or B. Drive west on US Hwy 278 for 7.5 miles. As you approach the bridge, pull off on the shoulder before you get to the guard rail, then walk on the safe (away-from-the-road) side of the guard rail until you reach the green Tallahatchie River sign. This is a busy highway; be careful!
We just did a "Hidden Kalamazoo" tour a few weeks ago and saw the fountain. The tour guide said they are going to update and fix the crumbling concrete.[Tracey, 08/02/2015]
- South St., Kalamazoo, MI
- Fountain of the Pioneers, Bronson Park. South side of midtown. I-94 exit 76B. North on Westnedge Ave. for two miles, then continue north on Park St. for another mile. Turn right (east) onto South St., which is at the southwest corner of Bronson Park. The Fountain is two blocks east, in the center of the eastern half of the Park.
Iguanas everywhere! Awesome![Rebecca, 08/02/2015]
Yet another little known hazard of delivering mail barefoot in Florida....
- Portland, Oregon - Statue of the Hilarious Bulldog
Star of greeting cards and calendars, local bulldog Zelda Wisdom is immortalized in a diminutive bronze on a Portland sidewalk dressed in one of her signature ridiculous outfits. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [08/02/2015]