Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
A Civil War cannonball is still lodged in the wall of a church.[Kerin, 04/23/2017]
Cumberland Presbyterian Church
- 201 N. Main St., Greeneville, TN
- Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Downtown, at the northwest corner of Main St./US Hwy 321 and Church St. Just to the upper right of the entrance.
Nice statue of a Rowdy in the USTA Plaza.[Mike Johanson, 04/23/2017]
Since 1977, its been the official mascot for the University of Texas at San Antonio sports teams, often appearing in doofy semi-human form rather than like this angry-eyed Greater Roadrunner.
- One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX
- On the campus of University of Texas at San Antonio. The statue is on Sombrilla Plaza, in front of the entrance to the Multidisciplinary Studies building, just west of the library.
- Portland, Oregon - Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant
This awesome location has been sold and torn down.[Stacey, 04/23/2017]
Tears of sorrow have ruined our best lederhosen.
- North side of Sandy Blvd. between NE 50th Ave. and NE 51st Ave.
- April 2017: Reported closed/gone.
- Savannah, Georgia - Forrest Gump's Bench
You can't even sit on the bench, and it is behind ropes. That being said, the museum is well worth the price of admission and is very interactive for kids. Go for the museum, see the bench while there.[Rachelle, 04/23/2017]
Savannah History Museum
- 303 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Savannah, GA
- Savannah History Museum. I-95 exit 5 for US-17 towards Savannah. Keep right at fork to stay on US-17/General William Hardee Blvd. Cross the Talmadge Bridge, then exit left onto Oglethorpe Ave. Make a right at the first traffic light onto Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Parking lot is 2 blocks on the left.
- M-F 8:30 am - 5 pm, Sa-Su 9 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
Memorial plaque and statue of lifeguard Ben Carlson.[Valerie, 04/23/2017]
The statue of Ben Carlson is 11 feet tall, and was unveiled exactly two years after he drowned while saving a swimmer. The sculpture by Jake Janz depicts Carlson clutching a rescue tube while he shades his eyes to scan the sea for trouble.
- McFadden Place, Newport Beach, CA
- In McFadden Square, at the land end of Newport Pier.