Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Around Bandy's Troll Haven, various carved creatures and characters can be spotted along the fences.[Janet, 02/07/2016]
Troll Haven/Bandy Farms
- 950 Gardiner Beach Road, Sequim, WA
- From Seattle: Take the Kingston ferry. From Kingston follow signs for Sequim (over Hood Canal Bridge on 101 W). Gardiner is about 12 miles before Sequim. Continue past Discovery Bay Store and Discovery Bay Restaurant. Look for mile marker 277 on the left side of the road. Once you pass mile marker 277, you will see a sign 'Entering Gardiner'. Turn right on Gardiner Beach Road. Proceed down the hill. Stay on Gardiner Beach Rd, it makes a dogleg at the first stop sign (left at the stop sign and then an immediate right, continuing downhill all the way to the water). Follow Gardiner Beach Road (it bends left at the water) past the boat launch and up the hill. Pass the orchards with the carved fence posts until you see the castle at the stop sign.
- Private Property. No Trespassing. (Call to verify)
Pitched predator death battles have always been an American frontier favorite, chronicled with wax dioramas and stuffed carcasses. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Exhibits collection of trapper-taxidermist Jake Korell (died 1913), and wax figures depicting Wyoming history, including first woman hanged, autopsy of Big Nose George, Mormon handcart ordeal, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Edison. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [02/07/2016]
The wax museum at Bonnie Springs Ranch depicts a fierce grizzly bear attack on a legendary mountain man in 1823. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Though she only lived in Los Angeles less than 2 years before her ill-fated round-the-world flight, this corner of the Valley certainly treats her like a transplanted native daughter. The statue is steps away from the North Hollywood Amelia Earhart Regional Library, and down the street from another Earhart memorial at the Valhalla Cemetery. The statue's base is encircled by 10 propellers half stuck in the ground -- possibly a nod to her Electra 10E's actual resting place somewhere out in the Pacific?[George Wymenga, 02/07/2016]
- Magnolia Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
- Amelia Earhart Memorial Statue, Hwy 170 exit and east on Magnolia Blvd. NW corner of Magnolia Blvd and Tujunga Ave. in North Hollywood Park.