Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
I recommend Magic Garden very much! So artistic and unique..an exact embodiment of trash to treasure.[Gabriella, 02/19/2017]
Liquor store that looks like a giant cocktail cup with an olive sticking out. Used to be an old pharmacy. Recently painted. Even has drive-through service![Sumoflam, 02/19/2017]
Famous movie reviewer Roger Ebert watched movies in the Virginia Theatre when he was young. In 2014 a life-size sculpture of Ebert, sitting in a bronze theater seat with his thumb up, was dedicated outside the theater. Empty seats allow you to sit with Roger. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [02/19/2017]
- Waipahu, Hawaii - Hawaii's Plantation Village
This place is pretty fascinating, and Ray the tour guide is full of really great information and personal history to help make the place come alive. It's more educational than quirky, though.[Megan Huddleston, 02/19/2017]
- 94-695 Waipahu St, Waipahu, HI
- Along H1, northwest of Pearl Harbor.
- M-F 9-3, Sa 10-3. Tours on the hour, 1.5 hrs. long (Call to verify)
- Adults $13, 4-11 $5
A house a few blocks northeast of Balboa Park has a bunch of skeletons on the roof and on the side of the house. It is probably a homage to the Mexican Day of the Dead every November 1 and 2. Since it was January when I found this place, the skeletons must be year-round decorations.[signmanjoe, 02/19/2017]
- Arizona St., San Diego, CA
- From Balboa Park drive north on Park Blvd. Turn east onto University Ave. Drive eight blocks. Turn south onto Arizona Ave. Drive four blocks. The house is on the west side of the street just north of its intersection with Myrtle Ave. Residential neighborhood and private home; please be respectful.
- Private residence, visible from street.