Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Harris, Iowa - The Miniature Grotto
I think it may have moved a bit; it's not behind the post office.[Sue Rutford, 07/28/2014]
- S. Main St., Harris, IA
- From Hwy 9 drive north one mile on Hwy M20 into town. The grotto will be on the right, next to the Harris Post Office, a half-block north of Railroad Ave.
Las Vegas, Nevada - Blue Angel Weather Vane
The hotel is fenced up and falling to bits (as are most hotels in that area), but the Blue Angel is still happily rotating.[Mary Cancilla, 07/28/2014]
Blue Angel Motel
- 2110 Fremont St., Las Vegas, NV
- Blue Angel Motel, east of Las Vegas Blvd., Fremont Street at North 21st St.
Owatonna, Minnesota - Warrior King Jesus on a White Stallion
Wow. It's all about subtlety, and this has none. It's also worth noting that the stallion that Christ is riding is not a gelding, if you get my drift.[C Strouth, 07/28/2014]
- Medora, Indiana - Longest Historic Covered Bridge in the USA
A very nice and knowledgeable gentleman named Morris Tippin greeted us on the bridge. He filled us in on construction details, etc.[Kathy & Ron - On N X NW Expedition, 07/28/2014]
- SR 235, Medora, IN
- One mile east of Medora (Jackson County), Indiana, on SR 235. The highway spans the White River alongside the bridge.
- Closed to traffic but visible.
- Boise, Idaho - Sit with Giant Lincoln
Quick and easy photo op. Abe sits directly across the parking lot near the rose garden, and next to the Black History museum.[Lani, 07/28/2014]