Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Great day, beautiful sounds.[firstname.lastname@example.org, 02/20/2017]
- Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY
- Hwy 5/Buffalo Skyway exit at Outer Harbor Drive. Turn lakeside, then make first right at traffic circle onto Fuhrmann Blvd. Drive north three-quarters of a mile. Turn left into parking lot for Wilkeson Pointe. You'll see the whirligigs straight ahead.
What a wonderful side trip! Even in the off season, welcoming and fun for all ages.[Heather Q, 02/20/2017]
- Lark Lane, Kellogg, MN
- From US Hwy 61 in Kellogg turn west onto CR 18 (opposite the water tower) then quickly turn left onto Lark Lane. Drive south until you see the entrance on the left.
- Summer daily 10-6, fewer hours and days off-season (Call to verify)
- Free to look.
Located in the back of the hangar. Very interesting museum with a collection of classic cars, as well as aircraft. A kind volunteer informed us that each aircraft was flown into the airport, not transported. All are able to be restored to full working order, but are currently in "sleeper mode" (all fluids drained for display purposes).[Beth Fortkamp, 02/20/2017]
War Eagles Air Museum
- 8012 Airport Rd, Santa Teresa, NM
- War Eagles Air Museum. At Dona Ana County Airport. I-10 exit 8. Turn west onto Hwy 178/Artcraft Rd. Drive about four miles. Turn right onto Airport Rd. Drive about 1.5 miles. When the pavement ends you've reached the museum, which is on the right.
- T-Su 10-3:30 (Call to verify)
- Adults $5.00
Fun park with all kinds of art. Good for families.[Eric Young, 02/20/2017]
- 501 East North Ave., Lampasas, TX
- Campbell Park, East North Avenue.
The Mug Tree is 3/4 mile south of Yale on Illinois Route 49, alongside the road.[Rebecca Thomas, 02/20/2017]
- Hwy 49, Yale, IL
- West side of Hwy 49, one mile south of town.