Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
A crazier-than-most fantasy room motel. Take a bath in a cheese vat, or soak in a hot tub on the moon. Underground tunnel leads to nearby restaurant in a barn. Giant airplane is parked on the front lawn. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [01/22/2017]
Make parades great again? Hundreds of miniature Masons march in an elaborate display of fraternal order at the George Washington Masonic National Memorial.[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 01/22/2017]
- 600 Carlisle Dr., Alexandria, VA
- I-395 exit 5, then drive east on King St. for two miles. On the south side of King St., just west of its intersection with Callahan Drive/Russell Rd.
- Daily 9 am - 4 pm, off-season 10 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adults $15, 12 and under free.
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Very ornate. While they did build a new building, some of the grounds are in disrepair. They have donation bins everywhere, and one was marked as being for "grounds and maintenance." That's where my donation went.[Paula, 01/22/2017]
Wat Florida Dhammaram
- 2421 Old Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL
- Wat Florida Dhammaram. Just off 192 on Vineland. Turn at light in by of Medieval Times/Wal-Mart.
- 6am - 6pm. (Call to verify)
- Free, donation.
The Happy Halfwit Muffler Man stands at a complex with an expo center and the family fun center![Anthony B, 01/22/2017]
Arnold's Family Fun Center
- 422 Business Center, 2200 West Drive, Oaks, PA
- Arnold's Family Fun Center. From I-76/Schuylkill Expressway drive west to King of Prussia exit, Hwy 202 South (West Chester). Stay in right lane for US Hwy 422 West (Pottstown). Exit US Hwy 422 at Oaks, then turn left onto Egypt Rd. At the third light turn left onto Station Ave. Follow signs for Expo Center.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
This milestone marks the beginning of the Old Spanish Trail auto highway that once linked St. Augustine on the East Coast with San Diego on the West Coast. It is located between A1A and Cordova Street next to the Visitors Center.[Jody High, 01/22/2017]
This spherical milepost has been growing moss in semitropical St. Augustine since 1928.
- Hwy A1A, St. Augustine, FL
- On the southbound side of Hwy A1A just to the south of the St. Augustine Visitor Center, between W. Castillo Drive and Orange St. It's in the shadow of some trees, so you have to look for it.