Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Amarillo, Texas - Cadillac Ranch-esque RV Park
At I-40 exit 62 going westbound.[Debbie, 08/29/2014]
A newish tribute to car culture, with angled Cadillacs and a cowboy Muffler Man promoting an RV business.
Amarillo West RV Park
- 2601 Hope Rd, Amarillo, TX
- Amarillo West RV Park. I-40 Frontage Rd and Hope Rd.
Portland, Oregon - Chinatown Gate
Portland has glorious Chinatown gates rivaling ones in cities that actually have a thriving Chinatown. Portland's is very low key, with just a smattering of shops and restaurants. Gate spans NW Fourth Avenue at W Burnside Street.[Flo, 08/29/2014]
- NW 4th Ave., Portland, OR
- NW Fourth Ave. at W Burnside St.
Warren, Ohio - David Grohl Alley, World's Largest Drumsticks
Some movement from past picture. Drum sticks are in front of wall now. Looks like the local artist Chine did a great job of repair. Really cool metal work. Musical notes line the alley, and the street is stenciled with group names.[Study Ref, 08/29/2014]
Not surprised this is an ever shifting display....
Morganza, Louisiana - Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls
Fun stop on our motorcycle trip. Thanks for the info.[maren parker, 08/29/2014]
Essential motorcycle road trip flick "Easy Rider" features a scene in Melancon's Cafe where Fonda, Hopper and Nicholson flirt with the local gals. The cafe has since been demolished, but there's a sidewalk plaque for pilgrims.
- 181 Hwy 1, Morganza, LA
- On the east side on Hwy 1 just south of its intersection with Hwy 10/Campbell St./Fordoche Bayou Rd. Embedded in the sidewalk in front of a vacant lot to the right of the Bethel Baptist Worship Center. Look for the Bethel sign, the flag pole, and the church bell held aloft by white poles.
Paducah, Kentucky - Teepee Liquor Store
Part of an old liquor store is in the shape of a wigwam or teepee. On South 6th Street in Paducah.[JD Wilkes, 08/29/2014]
- 1098 S 6th St, Paducah, KY
- S. 6th St. and Caldwell St.