Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
- Estero, Florida - Failed Hollow Earth Utopia
The building with Cyrus Teed's "science experiments" is only open on weekends. Call first so as not to be disappointed. However, canoe rental is on the property.[Jolynn, 11/28/2015]
Koreshan Unity Settlement State Historic Site
- 3800 Corkscrew Rd, Estero, FL
- Koreshan Unity Settlement State Historic Site. I-75 exit 123. West on Corkscrew Rd two miles. Entrance to the park is just west of US 41.
- 8 am to sundown. Exhibit open weekends only. (Call to verify)
- $5 per car
After walking around the cemetery looking for this tombstone and not being able to find it, I decided to leave. On my way out of the cemetery I spied it right in the front by the road.[Shannon Hiser, 11/28/2015]
Rosemary Hill Cemetery
- Bronson, FL
- Visible from SR 24 on the SW end of cemetery under trees. In front part of cemetery by road.
A Madonna-like figure seated and holding a lap full of shoes. She's said to maintain a vigil over the graves of the indigent dead in Mt. Hope Cemetery. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [11/27/2015]
To actually get to the cars you need to walk about 50 yards or so across the field... It's hard to get a good photo if it's raining and gray just from the street, so be sure to bring boots or your feet will get so muddy walking to the cars![Allison, 11/27/2015]
- I-40, Amarillo, TX
- Just west of the Amarillo city line. I-40 exit 60. Drive south to the frontage road (old Route 66), then turn left. Drive east one mile. Cadillac Ranch will be on the right (south) side; just park your car along the shoulder and enter the pasture through an unlocked gate. Visitors are encouraged; dog friendly.
- Daylight hours.
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
- Rock Island, Illinois - Jake and Elwood Blues Brothers
The Blues Brothers are no longer lounging on 2nd avenue in Rock Island. According to the meter maid that we spoke to they have been permanently removed![Kay Sarti, 11/27/2015]
- SW corner of 2nd Ave. and 18th St. Statues may be put away at night.
- Nov. 2015: Figures reported removed.