Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Memorial to 2000 mine explosion and fire. There's also a plaque where Butch Cassidy robbed the coal company.[Donna and Bill Blum, 05/28/2016]
- US Hwy 6, Scofield, UT
- About 90 miles southeast of Salt Lake City. Just north of intersection of US Hwy 6 and US Hwy 191in pulloff on east side.
Visited James Brown on a rainy spring day in Over the Rhine.[Jan Berger, 05/28/2016]
The building-sized tribute to the singer/performer was created by Jenny Ustick in summer 2015. James Brown recorded for King Records in Cincinnati.
- E. Liberty St., Cincinnati, OH
- North side of downtown. On the south side of E. Liberty St. just west of its intersection with Main St.
Giant tree trunk statues around Vermontville were created in a folk art style.[Joannah Soderborg, 05/28/2016]
- Main St., Vermontville, MI
- Attractions are on Main Street, tank is at 1st St. and Main St. next to Roadrunners. Fireman is diagonally across street in front of the fire dept.
Fun dinosaur statues to see if you're passing through.[JB, 05/28/2016]
- 1103 S. 1st St., Clayton, NM
- Across the street from the Days Inn. On the east side of 1st St./US Hwy 87, between Palm and Beech Sts, on the south end of town.
- Greenville, South Carolina - Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum
This museum is a treasure. They are only open Saturday 10-2. The founder gives the tours herself and she is passionate about baseball and about Joe, even friends with family's descendants. Charming from inside to out. Notice the cleat prints in the cement walk, then they stop at a bench and barefoot prints up to the house.[JennieM, 05/28/2016]
- 356 Field St., Greenville, SC
- Across the street from Fluor Field, where the Greenville Drive play.
- 10 am-2 pm Sa (Call to verify)