Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Construction part of the way in. Saddest Paul Bunyan I've ever seen. Being from Wisconsin, he has always been a hero. He looks defeated.[Redlee, 07/23/2016]
- 1 University Pkwy, University Park, IL
- On the campus of Governors State University. I-57 exit 335. Drive east on Monee Manhattan Rd until it ends. Turn left onto Hwy 50/Governors Hwy. Drive north two miles. Turn right at the blinking light onto Stuenkel Rd, then turn right on University Pkwy and onto campus. You'll soon see Bunyan on the left; drive a little further, park in the lots on the left, then follow the paths to the sculpture.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Big pig! Spotted at Grandpa Tiny's Farm off M-83 near the village of South Frankenmuth.[Ben Perdue, 07/23/2016]
- Covington, Kentucky - Flying Saucer House - Futuro
This is visible from the bridge on 71 from Ohio to Kentucky. Best view traveling south on the bridge, it is to the west side, nestled into the hillside. Very cool.[Wendy, 07/23/2016]
- 224 Wright St., Covington, KY
- I-71/75 exit 192 just south of the Brent Spence Bridge onto Crescent Ave. Drive north, and after the road curves left make the second left onto Wright St. Saucer house is on the left.
- Private residence.
Live cattle auctions and burgers at the Stockyard Grill. We watched gorgeous heifers being auctioned and then ate the popular "Dam Sandwich," which is a burger and steak on Texas toast. Nothing like a steak served in the same building as live cows.[Sara, 07/23/2016]
- 4500 Mobile Hwy, Montgomery, AL
- Stockyard Grill. Southwest edge of the city. I-65 exit 168. Turn west onto US Hwy 80/South Blvd. Drive a half-mile. Turn left at the stoplight onto US Hwy 31/Mobile Hwy. Drive about a mile. You'll see the Stockyard Grill on the right.
- M-F 10:30-2 (Call to verify)
Best mini golf ever![Amanda Le, 07/23/2016]
Opened in 2012, Big Stone Mini Golf is on the farm of sculptor Bruce Stillman, who has poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into its construction. Its hazards include Goat Mountain (with live goats) and a fiendish sunflower maze named The Spiral that was inspired by Spiral Jetty.
Big Stone Mini Golf