Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Have dinner and stay for the show! Hula girls and fire dancers entertain you in an intimate setting. The Mai Kai is an authentic Polynesian restaurant that opened in 1956 and looks to be unchanged. Check out the gardens that are adorned with tiki gods and a waterfall. We will be going back again![Kara Foster, 05/22/2015]
- 3599 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Mai-Kai restaurant. I-95 exit 32. Drive east on Hwy 870/Commercial Blvd for 2.5 miles. Turn right onto US Hwy 1. Drive one mile. Youll see the tiki restaurant on the right, just south of 38th St.
- Must reserve in advance. M-W 8 PM, Th 7 and 9:30, F-Sa 7 and 10, Su 7 and 9:30. (Call to verify)
- Show: $14/person
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
On the same street you can see Mike the Headless chicken and a dinosaur riding a bike![Nikky, 05/22/2015]
Just out on the sidewalk. Goofy and eclectic. Was a good excuse to get out of the car. Town was very nice and clean. On the same street there's a dinosaur riding a bike and a huge dinosaur statue. Also a piano on the sidewalk (playable!)[Nikky, 05/22/2015]
Just a random sculpture in someone's yard. Haha. Easily viewed from road. Had "feet" in its mouth like it was eating someone![Nikky, 05/22/2015]
- 3341 Road C 1/2, Palisade, CO
- About 1/2 way between Palisade and Grand Junction. West of highway 141, on road C 1/2 near the intersection of road 33 1/2.
- Private property, visible from road.
A local plumber is currently building a giant toilet. He has completed the plunger. We stopped today and took a picture and chatted with the man while he was working on the toilet.[Miriam Adkins, 05/20/2015]
Just another Roadside day, stopping to talk to the man building the giant toilet.