Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
The homeowners seem to have a sense of humor about the case and have posted funny signs. If you don't know the background of the case, seriously google it! Craziness![The Barnetts, 07/01/2016]
- 1426 F St., Sacramento, CA
- 15th St. and F St., on house in on the south side.
- Private property - visible from street.
This was an excursion off onto a gravel road, but totally worth going to see. Amazing views from the castle and top of the hill! There are also picnic tables if you want to take a break. It's a curvy road to the top -- wouldn't take an RV. But a regular vehicle can make the trip![Kristy, 06/30/2016]
Coronado Heights Park
- Coronado Heights Rd, Lindsborg, KS
- Northwest of town. I-135 exit 78. Drive west toward Lindsborg on Hwy 4 for 1.5 miles, then turn right onto Winchester Rd/Coronado Heights Rd. Drive west for four miles to Coronado Heights Park, on the right, west of the cemetery.
- Daily 8 am - 11 pm
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
The bust of Houdini at his grave has been replaced.[B. Bruner, 06/30/2016]
Visitors hate its habit of vanishing without warning.
- 8230 Cypress Hills St., Queens, NY
- Machpelah Cemetery. Grave is visible just inside the front gate, which is on the west side of Cypress Hills St. about a quarter-mile north of its intersection with Cypress Ave. (which is just north of the Jackie Robinson Pkwy). Look for the large plot, surrounded by a low wall, with many coffin-like gravestones.
- Daily 8-4
The food was good and the environment was unique and fun. The stop broke up our drive nicely, and the train gimmick entertained the kids. Ideal for children.[Caleb K, 06/30/2016]
All Aboard Grill
- 6813 Cantrell, Little Rock, AR
- Hwy 10/Cantrell Rd. east of Bryan St., in a shopping center on the south side.
- Cost of meal.
- Bishopville, South Carolina - Lizard Man Sandwiches
We saw the Lizard Man hiding in the trees. Okay, it was a shadow cutout, but still fun. We had a great Lizard Man sandwich and the famous Cajun chicken salad wrap. Very busy, fun atmosphere, great eats.[D, 06/30/2016]
Harry and Harry Too
- 719 Sumter Hwy, Bishopville, SC
- Harry and Harry Too. I-20 exit 116. North on US Hwy 15 one-half mile. You'll see the sign on the right.