Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Mayfield, Kentucky - The Wooldridge Monuments
Oddball memorial was built by a local citizen who apparently wanted his entire family around to keep an eye on his grave. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [03/09/2014]
Pensacola, Florida - Graffiti Bridge
Built in 1888, PGB (Pensacola graffiti bridge) is staple landmark for Pensacola. The name speaks for itself....it's always covered in graffiti.[Alyssa McKay, 03/09/2014]
- N. 17th Ave., Pensacola, FL
- South edge of the city, just north of US Hwy 98 and the entrance to causeway across Pensacola Bay.
San Jose, California - Babe the Muffler Man
A little comparative perspective...[Raymond Yos, 03/09/2014]
Babe the Muffler Man is 21-22 ft. tall.
Atlanta, Georgia - Olympic Torch Tower
This 120-foot-tall torch, which stands right next to Interstate 75, was built in 1996 for the Olympic games. It was once somewhat of a tourist attraction, with an observation deck at the top as well as a gift shop at the base. They have since been closed.[David, 03/09/2014]
- 70 3rd St. NW, Atlanta, GA
- On the east side of I-75, at the end of 3rd St NW, where it dead ends against the interstate just west of Spring St NW. Can also be accessed from the west side of I-75, via a pedestrian underpass, from 3rd St NW at the eastern edge of the Georgia Tech campus.
West Chester, Ohio - World's Largest Indoor Train Display
EnterTrainment Junction claims to have the world's largest indoor train display, over 25,000 square feet, with two miles of track and a thousand G scale cars. It also has a railroad museum and a fun house. We went at Christmastime and there was a special holiday train display.[David, 03/09/2014]
- 7379 Squire Court, West Chester, OH
- EnterTrainment Junction. I-75 exit 22. Turn east onto Tylersville Rd. First right at stoplight (KFC) onto Kingsgate Way. Drive a quarter-mile, then first right again onto Squire Court. Building is the last one on the right.
- M-Sa 10-6, Su 12-6 (Call to verify)
- Adults $14.00