Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
For a visitor center, it was really a fun place! The ladies who were working there said we were aliens because we were from West Virginia. The First UFO Landing Pad is clean and well kept, and it has a gift shop with a UFO theme.[D Springer, 02/11/2016]
- Orlando, Florida - NBA Player Statue
The NBA Player Statue was removed shortly after the NBA City restaurant closed in August of 2015.[Amusement Buzz, 02/11/2016]
- Universal City Walk.
- Reported gone Aug. 2015.
- Parking $15
As a professional Abraham Lincoln portrayer who happened to be visiting a school in Kankakee, I just had to stop and see Giant Abe Lincoln at Alexander Construction (technically in Bourbonnais). I had a nice chat with owner Jerry Alexander and some of his employees, and of course I also had my photo taken with the biggest Abe I know.[Kevin Wood (aka Abraham Lincoln), 02/11/2016]
Alexander Construction and Innovative Mobile Marketing
- Commerce Drive, Kankakee, IL
- Alexander Construction and Innovative Mobile Marketing. Faces I-57 from north of the road and west of the Hwy 50 interchange. North edge of town. I-57 exit 315. North on Hwy 50, then turn left onto Larry Power Rd/E. 4000N Rd. Cross the train tracks and make the second left onto Commerce Drive. This dead ends at the yard where Lincoln stands.
Children's bell tower.[Lori, 02/11/2016]
The 18 ft. tall 140-bell tower is dedicated to all children, but is a memorial to Nicholas Green, a 7-year old shot and killed in 1994 by robbers while visiting Italy with his family. The family donated his organs to Italians waiting for transplants, which sparked a surge in Italians and others signing donor cards. Most of the bells on the tower were donated by families, schools and churches in Italy.
- 2306-2708 Shoreline Hwy, Bodega Bay, CA
- US 1 Coastal Hwy, just north of town, behind the Bodega Bay Community Center.
If ever you get near Las Vegas and can drive one hour or less out to the Valley of Fire, you'll find unearthly beauty. Unimaginable. Truly a place one needs to put in top ten of bucket list.[L Wiemer, 02/11/2016]
Valley of Fire State Park
- 29450 Valley of Fire Hwy, Overton, NV
- 50 miles northeast of Las Vegas, off of I-15. Valley of Fire Hwy cuts several miles across the park, the visitors center is on Mouse Tank Rd. Formations are sprinkled throughout. The rear (east end) of the park abuts Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour