Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
- Springfield, Kentucky - The Donkey Tree
Apparently what I thought was the "donkey tree" isn't. Not sure it is still here. Quite a lot of debris and such. Many trees have lost limbs and the area looks rough. In passing the road to the left the first time, I found a shrine less than 1/2 a mile away, Valley Hill Shrine, reputed site of a miraculous 1995 visitation by the Virgin Mary.[Stefanie Gaither, 01/29/2015]
- Valley Hill Rd, Springfield, KY
- From Springfield drive north on Hwy 55/Bloomfield Rd. Just past the nursery on the left, turn left onto Valley Hill Rd. The tree is on the left, just past the little one lane bridge.
Seminole, Texas - Missile Water Tower
There are actually two missiles there now.[Donna and Bill Blum, 01/29/2015]
- US Hwy 180, Seminole, TX
- 17 miles west of Seminole on south side of US Hwy 180.
Albany, Texas - Elephant Skull
Located inside still operational gun smithing shop. According to man behind the counter, the African elephant was shot after killing numerous people. Inside the store there are numerous old photos, animal skin rugs, mounted animals along with historic guns. Well worth a stop, the entire downtown block has great things to see![Donna and Bill Blum, 01/29/2015]
Willoughby McCabe Gun Shop
- 140 S. Main St., Albany, TX
- Willoughby McCabe Gun Shop, north of 2nd St., west side of street.
Albany, Texas - Giant Texas Longhorn Skull
Albany, Texas is a great downtown area to take a short stop! Tons of oddities to see. Just walk down the block and back.[Donna and Bill Blum, 01/29/2015]
- US 283, Albany, TX
- Main St. and 3rd St.Main St. and 3rd St, next to TE Jackson warehouse and restored gas station.
- Sherman Oaks, California - Sherman Oaks Castle Park
Vine-covered castle entrance into a full-featured fun park. Three 18-hole mini-golf courses, featuring fairy tale candy house, castle with dragon. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [01/29/2015]