Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Dover, Arkansas - Double decker outhouse
Closed and starting to fall apart.[Jen, 09/30/2014]
This roadside joke has sustained many vacationing generations. Now it's only a windstorm away from collapse. We thank you for your service, Booger Hollow Double Decker Outhouse!
Booger Hollow Trading Post
- 28858 Scenic Ark. 7, Dover, AR
- Booger Hollow Trading Post. 20 mi. north of town on Ark 7 at Booger Hollow Rd.
Seminary, Mississippi - Big Watermelon
There's a giant roadside watermelon at the Watermelon Patch, HWY 49 Seminary, Mississippi.[Courtney Taylor, 09/30/2014]
- 248 US HWY 49, Seminary, MS
- US Hwy 49 and Walter Loft Rd.
New Castle, Indiana - Car-Sized Sneaker
Just wish the shoe didn't have UCLA on it. I mean who cares about that lame school? Nobody.[HeadlessMonster, 09/30/2014]
Steve Alford All-American Inn
- 21 E. Executive Drive, New Castle, IN
- Steve Alford All-American Inn. Two miles north of I-70 on Hwy 3.
Branson, Missouri - World's Largest Rooster
We made a new friend in Branson![Vance Erwin, 09/30/2014]
The madcap adventures of John, Paul, George and Ringo.
- Franklin, Kentucky - Large Bull
Found bull, he did not run off with cute cow. Directions are take Exit 2 from Nashville. Go towards Kentucky Downs. Go past about 1/3 mile and bull is on the left, at Lucky Lotto.[Kathy Booher, 09/30/2014]
- Nashville Rd., Franklin, KY
- Just north of the TN border, in KY, east side of Nashville Rd. 1/3 mi. south of Kentucky Downs.