Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
If you're camping, there's a dump station here at the fairgrounds! Also, an amazing playground, bathrooms and picnic tables.[Gretchen, 08/31/2016]
- Matlacha, Florida - Hobby Horse House - Home of Doll Lady
So, while certainly ONE of the many funky attractions worthy of Roadside America, this house recently sold (as the owner sadly passed away) and the hobby horses have been slowly disappearing (being sold, given away or miraculously walked on their own). See it soon before it transforms![Debbie F, 08/31/2016]
- 4666 Pine Island Rd NW, Matlacha, FL
- On the north side of Hwy 78/Pine Island Rd, a quarter-mile east of the Knolls Court Motel.
Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederacy, led a war to defend slavery, but this statue depicts him in a fatherly pose with a mulatto slave boy. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [08/30/2016]
20-year old Jennie Wade was baking biscuits in her home when a stray bullet killed her. Tour the house, stick your finger in the bullet hole. Open since 1906. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [08/30/2016]
One of the best sculptures of a dog! The site includes a "Canine Heroes" marker.[Cindy Boyles, 08/30/2016]
Rocky River Reservation
- Park Drive, Cleveland, OH
- On the Rocky River Reservation, which is on the west side of the city. From US Hwy 20/Wooster Rd turn east onto Rockcliff Drive just south of I-90. Drive on Rockcliff until it ends, then turn right onto Park Drive. The monument will be on the right, just past the parking spaces and baseball fields, where the trees begin.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour