Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
- Wellsville, Ohio - Boy and the Boot Statue
Disappointed to see the fountain was not working when we visited. Worth a quick stop, parking behind the statue and walk on the other side of adjacent murals to a small park with bench near the river.[Tara, 09/01/2014]
- Lisbon St., Wellsville, OH
- Take Ohio Rt 7 S. from E.Liverpool to the first exit into Wellsville. Small park just inside the flood walls at the intersection of Lisbon St. and First St.
Wausau, Wisconsin - Boy and the Boot Statue
The Boy with the Leaking Boot is located in the mall's food court, near the doors exiting to the pedestrian mall.[Amy, 09/01/2014]
Wausau Center Mall
- C-302 Wausau Center, Wausau, WI
- Wausau Center Mall, 3rd and Washington Sts. Park, in the Food Court.
- M-F 10 am - 9 pm, Sa 9:30 am - 9 pm, Su 11 am - 6 pm.
Warner Robins, Georgia - Museum of Aviation
The second-largest Air Force museum in the entire U.S. Acres of outdoor airplanes, and four giant hangars packed with exhibits. And it's free. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [08/31/2014]
- Siloam Springs, Arkansas - Popeye Statue
The Popeye Statue has moved back outside. The Sailor-Man now stands atop a crate of...something. The Allen's company was renamed, so his sponsor is now the Sager Creek Vegetable Company.[Alex. J, 08/31/2014]
Sager Creek Vegetable Co.
- 305 E Main St., Siloam Springs, AR
- Sager Creek Vegetable Co. E Main St. and Washington St.
Elkridge, Maryland - Horse Drawn Steampunk
At the NW corner of Old Washington Road and Bonnie View, there are two life-size horse statues pulling a steam-punk looking locomotive.[Indie, 08/30/2014]
- 6200 Old Washington Rd, Elkridge, MD
- NW corner of Old Washington Rd and Bonnie View Ln.