Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Well into his 90s, retired plumber-turned-artist continues to fill his garage museum with 1,200+ fanciful toilet lid artworks that chronicle his life and the world around him. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [05/22/2016]
Dropped by for a visit to this unique structure. On a weekday, the gate was open and I was able to drive down to the bottom and be at the base. Quite a unique piece of architecture!
Make sure to also stop at the Novelty, Ohio post office, which is nearby.[Sumoflam, 05/22/2016]
- 9639 Kinsman Rd, Novelty, OH
- ASM International. I-271 exit 29, then follow Hwy 87 east for ten miles. The entrance to the dome property is on the right, but it may be gated. You can see at least part of the dome from the road.
Easy place to park at the Earth globe water storage tank. Very cool.[Janet, 05/22/2016]
While the shoe collection is interesting and would absolutely be a worthwhile twenty minute self-guided tour, one must be guided by the curator. This kindly lady means well, but speaks endlessly about her own experiences of what she has learned from visitors, and the tour lasts two hours. Be prepared for a leisurely afternoon.[B., 05/22/2016]
And yet, now you are certainly an expert on shoes, and the curator may add your input to the repertoire to benefit all who follow.
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- 148 N. 8th St., Philadelphia, PA
- On the sixth floor of the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. On the west side of N. 8th St. just south of Race St. N. 8th St. is one way southbound.
- By appt. only (Call to verify)
Interesting, beautiful park for picnics.[mese20032000, 05/22/2016]
- Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY
- Hwy 5/Buffalo Skyway exit at Outer Harbor Drive. Turn lakeside, then make first right at traffic circle onto Fuhrmann Blvd. Drive north three-quarters of a mile. Turn left into parking lot for Wilkeson Pointe. You'll see the whirligigs straight ahead.