Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Bruce Kennedy informs us that his latest acquisition, a rare Uniroyal Gal, arrived from her longtime home in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. He's set her up next to his filling station man -- Hayward's new power couple? He's closer to her in scale than the Muffler Men in Bruce's lot....[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 09/02/2015]
It's your first encounter with alien signage and fun things along US 93, so it's kinda cool. The big wall mural is well painted with alien themes. Deep in alien territory -- it's true -- they do have amazingly clean bathrooms. Plus a nice assortment of alien knickknacks.[Micko, 09/02/2015]
- US Hwy 93, Hiko, NV
- On the east side of US 93 at the intersection of Hwy 375/Extraterrestrial Hwy.
This place has everything! Of course, they have the Uranus Fudge Factory, a huge candy store but it sits in a Western Facade mini-town. Complete with dinosaurs, fire engine and play structure for the kids. And for the adults, a saloon, burlesque show, and tattoo parlor. What more could you ask for?[M. Harper, 09/02/2015]
A double-decker London bus? Oh wait -- they have that, too.
- 14400 Hwy Z, Uranus, MO
- I-44 exit 163. Drive south to Hwy Z/Route 66 and turn right. You'll see the red Uranus Fudge Factory sign in about a half-mile, on the left.
The other reviews and pictures do not do it justice. It was amazing, I have two small children and they had the time of their life! Better than Sea World and Six Flags and it's free! They have every single character your child loves and the ones you used to love too! We spent our whole day there.[Chelsea, 09/02/2015]
- 1301 Sheridan Lake Rd, Rapid City, SD
- In Sioux Park, on the west side of the city. Parking is just off the west side of Sheridan Lake Rd, a mile south of Business 90/Main St. or a quarter-mile north of Hwy 44/Jackson Blvd.
- Daily 9 am - 8 pm, Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Lots to see on three corners of this "park," interestingly aged works of folk art. There was a homeless man sleeping behind where I stood.[Peg, 09/02/2015]
- Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
- Piedmont Bridge over I-75/I-85 / Peachtree Corridor. Courtland St. NE and Ralph McGill Blvd NE. and Piedmont Rd NE and Baker St.
- Always visible.