Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Great moccasins on Minnehaha.[Melissa, 10/07/2015]
- 100 Executive Plaza, Elkins, WV
- Outside Hiawatha's jewelry and crafts store. On the south side of US 33 just east of its junction with US 219.
Whether you're a Dylan fan or not, this is one fantastic, eye-popping mural! It's in a busy downtown area, so you may have to hunt for a parking spot. Drive-by not recommended, like I ended up having to settle for.[O'Neal, 10/06/2015]
- S. 5th St., Minneapolis, MN
- Downtown, on the west side of S. 5th St., just south of its intersection with Hennepin Ave. The mural wall faces north, toward Hennepin Ave.
Amazing, really. Must be 40 ft! 12 million pounds. 10-15 minute walk on flat ground. Turkeys seen along the way.[B Manchin, 10/06/2015]
Madison Boulder Nature Area
- Boulder Rd, Madison, NH
- Madison Boulder Nature Area. I-93 exit 32 onto Hwy 112. Drive east 35.5 miles. Turn right onto Hwy 113/Hwy 16/White Mountain Hwy. South one mile, then left onto Hwy 113. Drive 2.5 miles, then right on Boulder Rd.
- 603-823-7722 x757
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
This statue caught my eye because it's sitting on the steps that lead to a historic building in Wenatchee.[Leslie Bermel, 10/06/2015]
Artist Richard Beyer favors humanoid-coyotes as subjects in some of his sculptures.
Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center
- 127 S Mission St., Wenatchee, WA
- Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center, on the front steps on Mission St.
Yes, big banjo! Taking a picture it's kind of hard to get the whole banjo, but possible by angling a bit.[Susan, 10/06/2015]
Grand Country Mall
- 1945 W. Hwy 76, Branson, MO
- Grand Country Mall. On Hwy 76/W. Country Blvd west of US Hwy 65, north side.