Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Durant, Oklahoma - World's Largest Peanut
In a quiet, peaceful town there is an oasis of excitement centered on the corner of the city hall. Great pics and memories follow feasting your eyes on the town's impressive accomplishment of growing a huge peanut.[Austin Kolmodin, 03/28/2015]
- 300 W. Evergreen St., Durant, OK
- City Hall. US 75/69 to town, then east on US 70/Main St. Drive about 1.5 miles, then left on 3rd Ave. The peanut is one block north, on the corner of 3rd and Evergreen.
Des Moines, Iowa - Alphabet Heads
A nice park in Des Moines with lots of interesting sculptures.[Amy, 03/28/2015]
- Locust St., Des Moines, IA
- West side of downtown. On the north side of Locust St. between 13th and 15th Sts.
Apple Valley, California - Graves of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans
First sidewalk you come to on the left just inside the memorial park entrance. Third little opening in the stone fence. It's before the little bridge.[Juan DeVevo, 03/28/2015]
Sunset Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary
- 24000 Waalew Rd, Apple Valley, CA
- Sunset Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary. Roy and Dale are buried just inside the entrance, on the left.
San Juan, Puerto Rico, Other - Narrowest House in the World
At 63.75 inches wide (the property, not the interior) the house at 101 Calle Tetuan is surely a candidate for "Narrowest House in the World." It faces the ancient city wall, and has a magnificent view of the harbor. It stands in close proximity to the famous Cristo Chapel, but is missed by the crowds of tourists in Old San Juan.[Roger Howlett, 03/28/2015]
- 101 Calle Tetuan, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Other
- In Old San Juan, about a block east of the Cristo Chapel.
- Not currently open to public. Visible from street.
Carlsbad, California - Miracle Mineral Water of Carlsbad
Famous mineral water, a "Therapeutic Eden in a Glass," comes from directly below this spa and statue. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [03/27/2015]