Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Mementos and signatures on the tree stump, curb, and new light pole. There is a no trespassing sign for the parking lot next to the site, but plenty of parking in the neighborhood.[Buck Rogers, 10/20/2016]
Another important offering: tire rubber peel-outs marking the road.
- 28385 Constellation Rd, Valencia, CA
- South side of Hercules St., just beyond the driveway and before the white building. Stump of one tree visible, some ad hoc fan offerings.
There is a new mermaid spirit near the visitor center.[Laine, 10/20/2016]
- Kings Way, St. Simons Island, GA
- Several places around the island: Village Oaks off Ocean Blvd, the corner of Demere Rd and Skylane Drive; Demere Rd at the north end of the airport; Mallory St. next to Murphy's Tavern; at Redfern Village, 3305 Frederica Rd; and a cluster on the south side of Kings Way between Park Ave. and Mallery St.
I scream, you scream, Philadelphia screams for ice cream![Cheryl Ann Rondinelli, 10/20/2016]
- 3401 Longshore Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- NW corner of Frankford Ave and Longshore Ave.
The statue was placed in the arboretum November 3, 2011.[Lizzy, 10/19/2016]
Overland Park Arboretum
- 8909 W. 179th St., Bucyrus, KS
- In the International Sculpture Garden at the Overland Park Arboretum. South edge of the Kansas City metro area. US Hwy 69 exit onto 179th St. Drive west three-quarters of a mile, then turn left into the Overland Park Arboretum.
- Daily 8-5 (Call to verify)
- Adults $3.
A must stop if you're in this part of the country. I went there yesterday and James, the owner, was working. He also happens to be Waylon's little brother. I was there for at least an hour chatting with him. His tales of Waylon, Willie, Buddy Holly, Paul Newman, etc made my day. I won't forget James anytime soon. He's definitely proud of his brother and happy to explain photos and tell stories.[Vagabond Betty, 10/19/2016]
Nice to pay your respects at The Waylon Wall.
Waymore's Package Store
- Hall Ave., Littlefield, TX
- At Waymore's Package Store. Take US 84 to Littlefield, then exit onto Hwy 430/Delano St. Drive to the intersection of Route 54 and turn west. Drive a quarter-mile on Route 54 and turn left (south) onto US 385/Hall Ave. Waymore's will be on the right, in an old service station.
- M-Sa 10-9
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour