Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Only one cake display currently exists. It is a circus cake.[Betty, 09/25/2016]
The museum's more extensive "permanent" exhibit seen in 2013 appears to have shrunk to a lone cake...
Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- 1504 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd, New Orleans, LA
- Southern Food and Beverage Museum.
- May no longer be displayed. (Call to verify)
- Bethlehem, New Hampshire - Transmission Shop Victim
Drove by 9/20/16 and couldn't find it anywhere. Doesn't seem to be there anymore.[Steve, 09/25/2016]
White Mountain Transmissions
- 2165 Main St., Bethlehem, NH
- White Mountain Transmissions. On the north side of Main St./US Hwy 302 just east of Maple St./Hwy 142.
Visited the Golden Spike Tower in June 2016. Great if you are a train geek.[Randy, 09/25/2016]
- 1249 N. Homestead Rd, North Platte, NE
- I-80 exit 177. Drive north on US Hwy 83 into town. Turn left onto 5th St., then an immediate right onto Vine St. Drive two blocks, then turn left onto Front St. Drive two miles, turn right to stay on Front St., drive 1.5 miles to Homestead Rd and the Tower.
- Daily 9-7 (Call to verify)
- Adults $7.00
A bloody shootout between the FBI and gangster Baby Face Nelson took place at this now-serene location. According to a plaque on a rock, two FBI agents tried to arrest Public Enemy #1 Baby Face Nelson on November 27, 1934. The gun battle followed on this spot, ending with the deaths of all three men.[Emily R., 09/24/2016]
- Lions Drive, Barrington, IL
- Northwest of downtown. From US Hwy 14/W. Northwest Hwy, turn south just west of the McDonald's onto Lions Drive. Drive to the stop sign and turn left. After you turn left, you'll see a flagpole on the right; the plaque is next to it, bolted to a rock.
The Duke Ellington Memorial is in the northeast corner of Central Park.[Rich Frejomil, 09/24/2016]
There since 1997, a triumph of prank-discouraging design. Even if a drunk could shimmy up a pillar, the piano top doesn't look inviting.
Duke Ellington Circle
- New York, NY
- NE corner of Central Park, 5th Ave. and Duke Ellington Circle.