Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Florence, Kentucky - Florence Y'all Water Tower
If you're after a cool photo op for your kids, don't miss the mini water tower on the lower-level mall playground![Kitsa, 10/28/2014]
- Mall Circle Rd, Florence, KY
- Designed to be visible from I-75/71, but it's much safer to take exit 181, drive west, then turn left into the Florence Mall and admire it from there.
Rancho Cucamonga, California - Vintners Walk
History of wine making in the area. Corner of Rochester/Foothill in the shopping center.[Jill, 10/28/2014]
- 11847 Historic Rte 66, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- SW corner of Rochester Ave. and E. Foothill Blvd (Historic Rt. 66), in the landscaped area along the parking lot.
- San Antonio, Texas - 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses
"Vision del Futuro" is a new mural that encapsulates everything that is important to the survey-responsive citizens of San Antonio. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [10/27/2014]
- Venice, California - Statue of Teenage Myrna Loy, At Her High School
Myrna Loy was a Hollywood superstar, but she was just a teenage kid when she posed for a statue in front of her high school in 1922 (replaced with a new bronze version in 2010). Roadsideamerica.com Report... [10/27/2014]
Sardis, Kentucky - Tiny Post Office
There is a very small post office in Sardis, Kentucky that is about the size of a small storage shed. It was after 5 PM when I saw it, so I couldn't go inside, but I was able to look through the front window. It has very limited hours. I don't know if it's the smallest in Kentucky, but it is surely a contender for the title. The sign says "Sardis, Kentucky" -- which is where it is -- but the post office website lists it as Mays Lick, Kentucky. There seems to be some jurisdictional overlap between the two towns.[signmanjoe, 10/27/2014]
- 41165 US Hwy 62, Sardis, KY
- Downtown (it's also tiny), on the north side of US Hwy 62/Bucktown Rd, about 500 feet away from a sharp bend in the road. Look for the outdoor blue mail box and American flag.
- M-T 7-9:30, W 2-5, Th-F 7-9:30 (Call to verify)