Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Pensacola, Florida - Wentworth Museum: Petrified Cat
T. T. Wentworth Jr. was a compulsive collector who donated all of his stuff to Pensacola -- including a mummified cat and an Abraham Lincoln head made of mulched money. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [03/29/2015]
- Walcott, Iowa - Museum at World's Largest Truck Stop
Get the Big Mama Burger and Pulled Pork! And purchase a unisex auto urinal all at the same place...[The Nutters, 03/29/2015]
Kearny, New Jersey - Jersey City Big Xmas Cat
This "Big Cat" was featured on your website back in 2006 and 2007 and was a unique roadside attraction for many years above Cliff's Clocks in Jersey City. It was moved to a warehouse in Kearny sometime in '07. New development has caused the cat to be moved again. The cat's owner is weighing options on where to display it now. One option is to use the cat as a fundraising tool for local animal shelters. This cat truly has nine lives![Billy/Shawn, 03/29/2015]
- Cliff's Clocks, first house on the left side of 7th St., between Newark Ave. and Division St., just past the Holland Tunnel viaduct that towers overhead.
- Nov. 2007: Reported missing. In storage.
- Urbana, Ohio - World's Largest Loaf of Bread No. 2
I stopped by in February and it wasn't there, then stopped by again this month to double check, and it is still gone. There is some type of construction project going on in the parking lot, so it may just be a temporary thing, but for now it's gone. The other loaf on the north side of the building is still there, but it is getting sadder-looking each time I stop by. It could use a good repainting.[signmanjoe3688, 03/29/2015]
- Hill St., Urbana, OH
- American Pan parking lot. From downtown traffic circle, follow US Hwy 68 south four blocks to Hill St. Turn east. Drive four blocks. Hill St. dead ends into the parking lot. If you are already at the first loaf, head back west on Water St. Turn south on Kenton St. Go three blocks and turn east on Hill St.
- M-F 9 am - 5 pm.
Asheville, North Carolina - Large Iron
The large iron is in a nice touristy area with lots of cute places to eat![Vance, 03/29/2015]
- Battery Park Ave., Asheville, NC
- Battery Park Avenue and Wall Street.