Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Can be found in World's Fair Park downtown, adjacent to the Knoxville Convention Center and across from the Holiday Inn and The Tennessean hotels. There is also an open air amphitheater next to it. You can go up to the observation deck daily (free of charge) to see a panoramic view of Knoxville.[Laurie Tuten, 01/17/2017]
- 810 Clinch Ave., Knoxville, TN
- Downtown. I-40 exit 388. Take Henley St. south, and either follow signs or your eyes. Less than a mile.
Across from the Knoxville Convention Center, look for the Holiday Inn sign. Go in the lobby and head straight back towards the restaurant. As you near the hostess stand for the restaurant, look right and you will see the World's Largest Rubik's Cube.[Laurie Tuten, 01/17/2017]
Convention and Exhibition Center
- Henley St., Knoxville, TN
- Convention and Exhibition Center. Downtown. I-40 exit 388. Take Henley St. south, and either follow signs or your eyes to the Sunsphere, which stands nearby. On the restaurant (upper) floor of the Holiday Inn Select, at the top of the escalators down to the park in back.
No parking at this location. Try parking across the street and walking the trail to get to it.[Rhiannon P., 01/17/2017]
- Riverside Drive, Macon, GA
- In a little park just south of the Ocmulgee River, on the northwest corner of Hwy 11 and Hwy 87/Riverside Drive.
Looks like they added a bell tower and some updates inside.[Toki, 01/17/2017]
- Nye Rd, Wytheville, VA
- Wytheville's Smallest Church, east of I-81/77, exit 73 go north on Nye Rd.
- Daily 6 am - 10 pm.
The aliens and rocket are in definite need of some TLC. I noticed the house had tin foil on the windows -- probably to keep out the aliens' pleas for a new paint job and faces.[Toki, 01/17/2017]
- Birch St., Blountville, TN
- Southeast part of town. At the corner of Blountville Blvd and Birch St. On the north side of Birch St., first house in.
- Private property; visible from street.