Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
Clarion, Pennsylvania - Giant Cow
It's a giant friendly cow.[Dan Mason, 08/30/2014]
- 18096 Rt 68, Clarion, PA
- Pennsylvania Rte 68 several miles south of Clarion. Rt. 68 at Over Road.
- Blowing Rock, North Carolina - Mystery Hill And Mystery House
Very cool! Mystery vortex room... room is tilted downhill and you literally can lean backwards like the guy in The Matrix; and gravity throws you to the end of the room. Even the total skeptics in our crowd couldn't fight it.[A Mom With Bored Teens, 08/30/2014]
- Shiprock, New Mexico - Four Corners USA
The fried bread was not hot or fresh. They do not allow pets. Very saddened by that.[Molly Chrinister, 08/30/2014]
Neodesha, Kansas - Norman No. 1 Oil Well and Museum
The Norman No. 1 Oil Well is in Neodesha. It is an important part of history. Our atlas had it, so we stopped and really enjoyed the well and the museum.[Ted Taylor, 08/30/2014]
Oil was discovered in blacksmith T. J. Norman's garden in 1892, site of the "First Commercial Oil Well in the Mid-Continent Oil Field."
Norman 1 Oil Well Museum
- 106 S 1st St., Neodesha, KS
- Northeast corner of Mill/US Hwy 75 and First St.
Baltimore, Maryland - The Pagoda
The Pagoda at night during the winter.[Meaghan Neiva, 08/30/2014]
The four-story 1890 "Observatory" in the park is commonly referred to as The Pagoda.
- East Lombard St., Baltimore, MD
- Patterson Park, East Lombard St. and S. Patterson Park Ave.
- Mid-Apr - mid-Oct Su 12-6.