Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Really enjoyed talking with the shop owner. More interesting items on and above the case as well. Also found some good classic vinyl LPs.[KK, 08/28/2016]
- 121 Springboro Pike, Dayton, OH
- I-75 exit 44 to east Hwy 725, left at first light, left into shopping center, store is on the left.
- Talkeetna, Alaska - Fairview Inn: U.S. President Poisoned Here
They do have information on the wall about the event, but when we asked for the "Harding Special," the bartender said she didn't know what that was.[Ryan, 08/28/2016]
- 101 Main St., Talkeetna, AK
- On the northwest corner of Main and D Sts.
- Daily noon-2:30 AM (Call to verify)
It's a bit hard to see, but cool to read about it on the historical marker and then look for it.[Deepa Whipple, 08/28/2016]
- I-90 W., Blue Earth, MN
- Park at the Blue Earth Rest Area, which has a historical marker about the Stripe (Although it doesn't call it that). Then you can, very carefully, walk out to the Golden Stripe, which is just before the merge where the Blue Earth Rest Area access road rejoins I-90.
The town's Horse and Human Drinking Fountain is off of 1st Street, not 2nd.[Deepa Whipple, 08/28/2016]
- Dugan St., Welcome, MN
- On Dugan St./CR 25 a few blocks west of Hwy 263.
- Polson, Montana - Miracle of America Museum
Filled with tons of stuff...some interesting some just stuff. Interesting couple of hours to wander through it all. The displays have a dose of "John Birch" type political comments spread throughout.[Etha Carruthers, 08/28/2016]