Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Tupelo, Mississippi - Tupelo Hardware Store
A must for any Elvis fan, this is the store where Elvis (well, his mother) bought his first guitar. There is an "X" on the floor that marks where they stood when they bought the guitar. The store is old school -- as it was in the '50s. A big plus is although it is a working hardware store the staff welcome tourists to take photos.[Carolyn Earle, 04/26/2015]
- 114 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS
- Tupelo Hardware. East side of downtown. US Hwy 45 to the E. Main St. exit, then west several blocks. North side, between Front and Spring Sts. Just west of the railroad tracks.
- M-F 7-5:30, Sa 7-noon (Call to verify)
Lyman, Washington - Horniest Tavern of the Northwest
Lyman Tavern is the "Horniest Tavern of the Northwest." Big collection of horns, antlers, and deer heads, as well as deer taxidermy. Greatest thing is over the bar -- a neon animated sign of deer copulating.[Michael Almony, 04/25/2015]
- 8328 S. Main St., Lyman, WA
- Lyman Tavern. On the west side of S. Main St., at the north edge of town.
- Probably open late. (Call to verify)
Lancaster, Ohio - Ohio Glass Museum
Displays and information not just on interesting pieces of decorative glass, but scientific, automotive, industrial, and all other types of glass! Good gift shop with funny knickknacks -- including a glass tomahawk.[Beth Bartling, 04/25/2015]
Lancaster's abundant supplies of sandstone and natural gas made it a center of glass tomahawk manufacturing.
- 124 W. Main St., Lancaster, OH
- Downtown, on the south side of US Hwy 22/W. Main St., three blocks west of its intersection with Hwy 37.
- T-Su 1-4 and by appt. (Call to verify)
- Adults $6.
- Ferris, Texas - Tiny Chapel
We stopped at several places from Roadside American on our way to Galveston, and this by far was the most disappointing stop. It was a junky mess on the inside of the chapel, and the outside was not much better.[Misty, 04/25/2015]
- 2475 S. I-45, Ferris, TX
- On I-45, from north: exit 262 (about 30 miles south of Dallas) and follow frontage road. From south: take exit 260 and cross over interstate. Take right at frontage road.
West Union, Minnesota - Nose Diving Limo
The nose-diving limo is back. This limo is in a field along interstate 94 at mile marker 113 on the eastbound side of the road. It was removed last year, but has been reinstalled.[Colby Zupan, 04/25/2015]
That's good news... the limo now has a white roof, and appears to be augmented with lettering/advertising.
- Interstate 94 E., West Union, MN
- In a field along the eastbound (south) side of I-94, three miles east of exit 114, or 1.75 miles west of exit 119.