Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
It is dedicated to veterans, but appears to be the fist of a robot.[Zoz, 09/29/2016]
The memorial was dedicated back in 1993, when giant patriotic cyborgs fought our wars.
Daphne Veterans Memorial
- 2400 Old Spanish Trail, Daphne, AL
- Daphne Veterans Memorial. South of I-10 on US Hwy 98 near Santa Rosa Ave in a wooded park between two roads.
- St. Marys, Pennsylvania - Decker's Chapel
Church is now reopened to the public.[PA Great Outdoors, 09/29/2016]
The chapel slid off its 160-year-old foundation in 2015, but was repaired and reopened by a local historical society.
- S. St. Marys Rd, St. Marys, PA
- North of I-80. Three miles south of St. Marys, across from Wendy's restaurant on Hwy 255/S. St. Marys Rd.
A restored Sinclair station with easy access for viewing. The site is open 24 hours and visitors can look inside the windows to see the fully restored waiting area with vintage signs and such. The back is fenced in, but it has some old fire trucks and fuel delivery trucks that can be seen.[Rick Kincaid, 09/29/2016]
- 3725 McCart Ave., Fort Worth, TX
- South side of the city. On the northbound side of McCart Ave. at its intersection with W. Dickson St.
A restored Sinclair station that is not open to the public. It serves as a man cave for the owner to entertain friends and clients. The owner stores a couple classic cars in the service bays.[Rick Kincaid, 09/29/2016]
- 4706 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX
- West side of the city, on the north side of Camp Bowie Blvd, just east of its intersection with Sanguinet St. The property is gated, so you can only view it from the street.
- Private property. Visible from street.
Grave of Alan Freed, the DJ who coined the phrase, "Rock 'n' Roll." Located in Lakeview Cemetery, near the lake where the lion is, and close to grave of Elliot Ness.[Joannah Soderborg, 09/29/2016]
For years the urn with Alan Freed's ashes was displayed reverently in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But a new management team kicked Alan out, so his family buried him under a tombstone shaped like a full-size Rock-ola jukebox. The ceremony took place Jan. 20, 2016, the 51st anniversary of his death.
Lake View Cemetery
- 12316 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH
- Lake View Cemetery. Enter on the east side of Euclid Ave. just north of E. 123rd St. Drive through the gate, then halfway around the little traffic circle, then continue straight in.Make the first right, then continue bearing right until you see the columned front of Wade Chapel straight ahead. The tombstone is behind and to the right of the Chapel, in the grassy area between the lake and the road.