Roadside America: The Vortex
The tourism tidepool swirls with possibilities. Old forms die. Attractions mutate, spawning new ways to spend your money. Towns battle. Canadian border goats faint; Mexican border goats slug beer. A Cow Chip King taunts a Spud King. Patterns emerge in the heart of Roadside America.
- Gators! Florida Alligator Tour
- White Squirrel Wars: Competitive towns with albino nut-hoarders.
- Cowlossus of Roads: Big fiberglass bovines.
- Roadside Pet Cemetery: Our furry collection of deceased pals and mascots.
- Artistic Elephants: In captivity, their creativity can not be chained!
- Shark Attractions
- Superman's Hometown: Metropolis Man of Steel sights.
- Bedrock Cities: Home of the Flintstones
- I Yam What I Yam: Tributes to Popeye the Sailor Man
- Towns with Balls
- Big Chair Battle: Furniture-proud towns build 'em big.
- Light Bulb Methuselahs: Long-lived luminaries.
- Titans of the North: Destination Statues on the Great Plains
- Smiley Water Towers: Two dots. An upturned curve. Happy!
- America's Favorite Cannibal: He was really hungry.
- Bonnie and Clyde Bloody Adventure Trail
- Gas Chambers:
- Electric Chairs
- Outlaw Relocation Program
- Natural vs. Synthetic Sponges: Execution outrage.
- Globality: See the world in America.
- America Unhenged: Stonehenges
- Vikings in America: Runes and warlords.
- History Rant
- Conspiracy!: JFK, John Wilkes Booth, secrets and signs.
- Boone's Bones Brouhahas: Who has Daniel Boone's bones?
- Heads of State: Ready to lead, head-first.
- A Hello to Arms: Civil War body parts - a terrible swift tour.
- JFK Tourist Guide
- Loopiest Lincoln Landmarks
- A Mountain of McKinley Sights
- Must-See Remains of the 1964-65 New York World's Fair
- Sitting Bull's Bones 0 Sitting Bull, Where Do You Lie?
- Sky Kings: Flying aces, tributes to the plummeted.
- Transcontinental Cover Up? A Golden Spike Rant.
- Uncle Sam Sells
- Salad of the Gods: Tasty monuments to the organic.
- Hard and Soft Drink" Visit the home of your favorite beverage.
- State-shaped Pools: Swim with pride.
- When Halfway is Good Enough: Monuments along the 45th parallel.
- Walk-Thru Bibles: Bringing to life the Old and New Testament.
- Tiny Churches: Wee houses of worship.
- MegaMessiahs: End times writ large.
- 10 Commandments: Vs. Route 666
- Big Coffee Pots
- Descansos: Highway Fatalities
- Late Nite Creatures of the Id: Or, a scary giant cowboy statue.
- Male Mannequin Crisis: How Women Won the West
- Jugs of Pee: Road shoulder peril explodes.
- Scary Museums: Yes, we've been terrified.
- Shoe Trees: Grass roots, vulcanized leaves.
- Teepee Buildings: Popular architecture in decline.
- Two-story Outhouses
Science and Beyond
- Cardiff Giant: One hoax. Three hoax bodies.
- Roadside Creatures: Guide to Monsters and Highway Hoodoo
- Mystery Spots: Where gravity and common sense go haywire.
- Lightning Portraits
- Trail of Robert Wadlow: The World's Tallest Man
- Transparent Women: Anatomical models reveal all.
Statues and Monuments
- Statue Burnishing Etiquette: When is it okay to rub?
- The Boy and the Boot
- Carpeteria Genies
- Hot Air Rant: Accursed inflatables.
- Illinois Remembers
- Madonna of the Trail
- Muffler Men
- America's Scrappy Workforce: Giant metal workers never punch out on America's time clocks.
- Quirky Monuments of New Orleans