Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
June 10, 2008
Tommy Bartlett’s Water Thrill Show on Lake Delton, in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, has a problem.
The water is gone.
All 267 acres of Lake Delton drained away yesterday via a 600-foot-wide breach through a highway embankment, caused by recent bad weather.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Barlett’s will substitute a land-based show for the immediate future. Some of the show’s water skiers, however, may temporarily relocate to Florida’s Cypress Gardens — America’s other venue for daredevil aqua-hijinks.
It appears that the MIR Space Station, and all of Wisconsin Dells’ other unique attractions, were outside the path of the wall of water and escaped unharmed.
Sections: Attraction News Comments Off
Discussion is closed.
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay