Version 1.9.0 - Jun. 3, 2016
- Fixes bug in region in-app purchases (and also in the Restore function) that might fail to unlock content
- Directions Options: Support added for Waze; also Google Maps adjusted
- Increases saved lists to up to 750 places
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
- Region unlock issues? Contact us in the app via More > Feedback
Version 1.8.8 - Nov. 3, 2014
- iOS 8 adjustments
- Location privacy settings updated
- Region selection or purchase problem? Please contact us: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/support/
Version 1.8.7 - Jan. 4, 2014
- iOS 7 optimization
- Added "What's New" launch message
- About section: "Version History" and app review links added.
- Web View progress spinner fixed
- Initial region selection problem? Please contact us for help: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/support/
Version 1.8.6 - Dec 2, 2013
- More iOS 7 optimization
- "Submit Tip" now easier to find
Version 1.8.5 - October 28, 2013
- New UI optimized for iOS 7 - all minty fresh!
- Fixed Story/Tup viewing issues using iPad for iOS 7
Version 1.8.4 - June 17, 2013
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 1.8.3 - April 19, 2013
- Added option to use a popular alternative map app for directions and routes.
- Occasional start screen freeze fixed.
- Various bug fixes.
Version 1.8 - November 1, 2012
- Optimized for iPhone5 and iOS 6. App update requires iOS 5.1 or later
- Improved map pin, indicates editor rating: Pink = 1, 2; Red = 3, 4, 5
- Improved User Location reporting in "Near Me"
- Facebook updated for attraction sharing
- App user account passwords can be reset in-app
- Various performance improvements
Version 1.7 - June 15, 2012
- Attraction lists now indicate Been There or Saved status.
- Been There, Saved, and History lists update in full when reloading attractions.
- Photo Galleries accessed from the More tab rotate properly.
- Various app performance improvements.
Version 1.6 - March 31, 2012
- Near Me: Search for attractions near any location by using text search or by using the map. (You can always return to your current location.)
- Directions: Support added for MotionX-GPS Drive and MotionX-GPS Drive HD.
- Improved Twitter and Facebook sharing.
- A variety of user interface improvements!
- Please note - you must be at least 18 years old to submit tips and photos.
Version 1.5.2 - January 13, 2012
- Status Bar: Location Services (GPS) indicator now behaves properly.
- Near Me: "Current Location" button added.
Version 1.5.1 - December 19, 2011
- Near Me: Crash in version 1.5 (when using iOS 4.1) fixed.
- Roadside America Account sign-up fields no longer auto-correct text.
- Attraction Lists and Detail are refreshed by pulling down with one finger ("Pull to Refresh") or by a gentle shake.
- Near Me: Current Location is refreshed using the same pull down or shaking movement.
Version 1.5 - December 12, 2011
- Map added to Attraction Lists (Near Me, Cities, Themes, etc).
- Attraction Detail: Font size control for stories/tips, other button adjustments.
- Metric supported for distance calculations, based on device settings.
- "Pull to Refresh" support added to Attraction Lists and Detail (replaces the Reload button that was on the top right)
- Canada "Region" added: 300+ Canadian attractions.
- Access Subscriptions eliminated. Purchase a region or All Access once.
- Can now purchase up to (6) additional individual regions, or all remaining regions for one "All Access" price.
- Current US Access subscriber is eligible to convert to "All Access" and unlock all regions (including Canada) at no additional charge.
- Sunset Alert: Auto-adjusts based on significant location changes (if available). New daily "Repeat" option.
- Sunset Alert and Tourist Interruptus: Active network connection no longer required.
- Content: 1,700 gallery photos added since last update.
- Various app performance enhancements.
Version 1.3 - April 15, 2011
- App available in Canada iTunes App Store as of Version 1.3.
- Various bugs fixed, alert screens adjusted.
- Map Behavior: Map callouts no longer erratically pull back to first callout.
- Share: Facebook Connect updated and tweaked.
- Content: 3,000+ gallery photos added since 1.2 update.
Version 1.2 - July 16, 2010
- Important for Entire US Access Purchasers: Free user account allows you to sign in for US Access from other devices you own. Also allows restoring US Access to reset or upgraded devices. Current US Access users should sign up on original purchase device if possible.
- Search: Fixed intermittent search bar unresponsiveness
- Attraction Detail: Improved button responsiveness, photo memory management.
- Near Me: Improved user location detection
- Been There: Pushpin added to Maps
- Attraction Maps: Improved initial zoom
- Frequently Asked Questions: Now available from within Feedback
- Content: Over 1,000 photos added since 1.1 update
Version 1.1 - March 4, 2010
- Attractions: Nearby distances are now shown in 1/10th mile increments. Icons identify stories, blog posts, news. Links connect to more info on RoadsideAmerica.com.
- Been There, History, Saved: Can browse attractions in the order added, or alphabetically by state.
- Feedback: Send comments or suggestions directly to RoadsideAmerica.com.
- Lists: Navigating backwards no longer defaults to top.
- Near Me: Location detection adjustments. Last known location is now saved.
- New Helpful Hints.
- Search: Supports full text queries. Can limit scope to "What" (Name, Description) or "Where" (Address, Directions, Town, State). Recognizes USPS state abbreviations (e.g., "CA" or "NJ").
- Ongoing app optimizations.
Version 1.0.1 - January 18, 2010
- New "Been There" feature lets users mark roadside attractions they have traveled to in the past.
- Minor app optimizations.