Hell Plans Special 666 Celebration
The town of Hell is counting on revelers to show up this Tuesday, June 6, 2006, to celebrate the devilish calendar convergence of 6-6-6. According to local news reports, Hell's mayor has loaded up his souvenir shop with 666 merchandise -- t-shirts, coffee mugs -- and stocked only 666 of each item.
There will be a costume competition and live music, and the town also promises to have the Gates of Hell operating over at the playground. While they're hoping for fun-loving crowds, they don't anticipate any more than the usual percentage of devil worshipers and Satanists...
Hell has endured an eternity of puns and japes at its expense -- at least since 1841, when it was named. Tipster Art Spang recalls: "I proposed marriage to a lady friend -- she replied that it would be a cold day in Hell before she accepted. So,on January 9, 1967 we motored from Ann Arbor to Hell -- and it was cold!"[06/04/2006]
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- May 24: Two Gallows, One Beatle: Good Times At The Old Jail
- May 15: Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Apr 30: Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Apr 24: Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Apr 17: Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- Apr 8: The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes