Sunken Gardens adds Great Explorations Museum
St. Petersburg, FL's classic garden and flamingo attraction, Sunken Gardens, continues to mutate. After it fell on hard times and was saved by the city a few years ago, it has returned for periods with bird shows and restored grounds. Now the city has renovated the main building into "Great Explorations," a hands-on children's museum containing interactive exhibits and gadgets. Most are designed by Charlie Shaw, who worked on the original Great Explorations Museum that opened in 1987, according to the St. Petersburg Times.
Great Explorations opens on March 30, 2003. After the free Grand Opening, admission is $8 adults, $7 kids and seniors, free under 3 yrs. Sunken Gardens is at 1825 Fourth St. N., St. Petersburg, Florida.[03/01/2003]
Sunken Gardens Botanical Park
- 1825 4th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL
- Sunken Gardens Botanical Park. I-275 exit 24. East on 22nd Ave. for about 25 blocks to 4th St. Turn right onto 4th St. Sunken Gardens will be about blocks south, at 4th St. and 18th Ave.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Nov 30: Michael Delligatti, Father of the Big Mac (1918-2016)
- Nov 26: Spiderwebman II, We Hope
- Nov 22: Sleep Well, Button King (1930-2016)
- Nov 21: One Log House To Transcend Its One Loggedness
- Nov 14: We’ll Cross That Bridge When We… Oh Wait. Never Mind.
- Nov 7: Junior Banks for President