President heads mass near Williamsburg as second park opens for business
On March 1st, another Presidents Park opened -- this one outside Williamsburg, Virginia. The tourist attraction features huge sculptures of the heads of all 43 US Presidents, the work of artist David Adickes. Adickes had already opened a near identical attraction near Deadwood, South Dakota, using the same molds to create the giant busts.
Local press and Williamsburg purists have railed against the new park as a monstrosity. Of course, we like 'em, but are concerned that these head parks will proliferate like other syndicated attractions (Cabela's comes to mind) and overwhelm more unique monstrosities.
Adickes is targeting his next presidential park for Florida.[03/18/2004]
- Sept. 30, 2010 - Closed.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Mar 17: Prince Edward Island Vanishes From Canada’s Maps
- Mar 6: Latest Thrill: Taking a Dump in New Jersey
- Feb 26: Party’s Over On Post-Apocalyptic Highway
- Feb 16: Palace On A Budget: No Bread For Corn
- Feb 8: Dust Up At The Action Figure Museum
- Feb 2: Happy Birthday Twine Ball Man